Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The Probable Damage?

apaykapuy

hello to all.

friday last week, my wife was driving back home from work and it is snowing heavily. while driving, the car skidded to the right(luckily no one was coming from the opposite direction), then she turned the stirring and went back to the left. in that instance she hit the kerb badly and she was able to stop the car.

i did visual inspection externally but i can not see any damage.

we have noticed now that the stirring wheel is slightly not in its original position. if you are driving straight, the stirring is a bit stirred to the left and we noticed that the wheels/tyres are noisy now than before especiall the right rear(not sure if it is really right rear but we suspect that it is where the noise is coming).

do you think there is any probable damage to the car?

we badly need your advice and opinion please.

many thanks.

Your car should be inspected immediatly, you have most likely bent some part of the suspension / steering. If you continue to drive with the steering wheel pointing to the left, it MIGHT be scrubbing the tyres because the alignment has been knocked out. You could perhaps just get away with an alignment check but in my experience, once the steering wheel has been knocked out of skew, you are likely to have bent something

Kingo :thumbsup:

Your car should be inspected immediatly, you have most likely bent some part of the suspension / steering. If you continue to drive with the steering wheel pointing to the left, it MIGHT be scrubbing the tyres because the alignment has been knocked out. You could perhaps just get away with an alignment check but in my experience, once the steering wheel has been knocked out of skew, you are likely to have bent something

Kingo :thumbsup:

Agree completely!

Regards Geoff Peace.

i will check the lower suspension arm and the track rod end when the weather will be better.

thanks for your replies.

i will check the lower suspension arm and the track rod end when the weather will be better.

thanks for your replies.

Get it checked before you drive very far!