Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring Help

Ben Williams

So I traced the issue on the parking sensors, however now I need some help with some wiring.

All the sensor wires go back into the control box fine, as does the buzzer however the power wires came out of the plug and I don't know which way they go back in.

I've got a red & black wire, and a little plastic plug with 4 holes.

Can anybody look at theirs and take a photo for me? Would be a huge help...

What issue are you talking about? earlier post?

Iam almost sure that the red wire goes to your reverse light positive wire and the black wire goes to an earth (negative) point on your car. The reverse light positive wire can be traced to the bundle of wire that goes transversely across the boot. The reverse light positive wire is red in colour (inside the bundle). There is an earth point close to these wires in the boot. Connect your black wire to that. Done.

Here is a picture of the transverse bundle of wires.

post-7935-0-15550700-1359136605_thumb.jp

All the wring is done, they are factory fitted on the car however, I've had the typical boot leak which soaked the control box. When I removed it to dry it, the wires (red & black) came loose from the black plug that goes into the control box.

The little black plug has 4 holes, the control box has 4 pins. I don't really want to be pressing them all over the place working out where they are supposed to be.

Is yours TPA 400 original toyota sensor? There should be amounting/ wiring diagram DIY in the Toyota service Information. Check picture 17 and 18 below.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/531947db-a58d-45bd-8a0e-9c6c61759946/Aygo%20TPA%20rear%20RHD%20PZ464-90424-00%20AIM%20002%20503-0%2006DE3582A.pdf

That's not what's fitted :(

The one in the car is also a little black box, but all the sensors have their own individual wire, the buzzer plugs straight into the box and the power has it's own plug also.

The box on it has Toyota, but also has Cobra! This I think makes it one of the parkmaster range?!

Here is a link to the swedish Cobra site with its sensors and control box and wiring. There are different models. You are interested in the blue writing, where it says "installationsmanual". Click on that and see if you can see the picture you are after.

http://www.m-sjoberg-ab.se/backsens.htm

Hmm... that installation manual says about a blue setup wire...

It was all setup from new at Toyota, I've only unplugged it to dry the box out... will I need the setup wire again or will it have saved it all?