Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kit

Vinnie-Lou

Can anyone recommend a cheapish induction kit for my T3 1.4? I know you can put a celica one in a corolla but my concern was it would be for a 1.8 would this matter? Or would too much air get into the engine thus losing power?

Ive seen K&N and Piper but way out of my price range

In a car accesories shop you could find an AFM adapter and then buy from eBay (or from the car accessories shop) a cheapish cone filter.

Otherwise you could do the filterbox "cut-on-top" modification and insert a cone filter inside.

However, just for your info, the rubber pipe that runs from your TB to your filterbox, on the side of the filterbox, has exactly the same diameter as the one of a 1.8 celica or corolla Tsport. Therefore, you could buy the celica kit and cut off the part with the AFM adapter. It would fit just fine.

In general though, and if you ask my opinion, especially for a 1.4L corolla, you would be better off keeping the filterbox and inserting a KN panel filter.

1.4L corollas need low end torque. If you install a cone filter, you will see better results at hign end, but you will probably loose low end torque. Not to mention that the air coming into your engine will be much warmer (due to the engine heat).

Been there...

Ofcourse it is all up to you. You can get an induction kit, test it out, and if you like it, you keep it.

All i want is for my engine to have a nice noise other than what it is now :( Is that too much to ask for lol

No, it's not too much to ask. On the contrary, it's very very easy.

Install a cone filter (any way you like) and the engine sound will be unbelievable. :jockey:

When and if you get bored with it, you can get back to the good old filterbox. This is what I did... :)

Now then I put a K&N panel filter in my 1.6 T3 it was fine but I am used to more noise, I opted for a K&N induction kit, but yes heat soak was on my mind, so I fed a pipe through the original hole in the wing and down through the bit nexr to the fog light, then a second pipe up from under the front bumper and I think its been find and the sound in the car is great. You can always change back go for it.

Need something cheaper though, I cant afford K&N or Pipercross but that would mean modding the pipe to have a maf flange attached to it, and tht is just too technical for me :(! I'd happily take on a second hand one or cutting the top of the box of and putting a cone in there, that way the air intake will still be there

If your looking for sumit cheaper, I have seen induction filter cones, from £7 + postage on eBay and induction hose from £3 upwards.

The sensor in on the induction pipe behind the filter the plastic one, it goes into the air filter hose. When I bought my new K&N you got a new maf pipe for the car.

Yeh thats the problem, any universal pipe doesnt have the maf adapter so I would then have to make one, which is too complicated for me. Yes the K&N and Pipercross already come with a maf adapter but there way out of bugdet

Maybe just stick with a panel filter, a foam one will work well, and when you can replace the exhaust with a better free flowing system.