Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Timing Of A 1Nd-Tv 1.4L D4D Toyota Diesel Engine

espenhi

Hi all ;-)

I am changing head gasket on a Toyota 1ND-TV engine.

I hope you can help me with a how the marks on the chain wheels is supposed to be when putting toghether. I got the Yaris 2007 engine mecanical pdf but it does not cover the 1ND-TV engine , I have searched for 4-5 hours on the net even was at a dealer , tryed look at the information on the Toyota home page but nothing yet. I can see an other engine the marks is both at top or maybe its at the 90deg level of the camshaft right or left.... There is yellow marks on the chain 2 places...

Thanks a lot

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just looking at the Toyota repair manual for the 1ND-TV engine (dated Sept 2001) it shows the timing chain with yellow paint in two places (180 degrees apart), the 2 chain links coloured yellow go to the top (12 o'clock position) of the camshaft timing sprocket, on this sprocket there's a match mark which looks like it could be a hole or circular indentation, whatever it is make sure that this mark is at the 12 o'clock position and in the middle of the 2 yellow chain links. You will then find that the single yellow link of the timing chain is at the 6 o'clock position but again make sure you align the corresponding match mark of the crankshaft timing sprocket to the middle of the single painted yellow chain link which should be at the 6 o'clock position.

Hope that makes sense.