Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Front Fog Lamps

thatch

Hi guys...i have a 2002 avensis d4d gs which i am fitting front fogs to. I have found the wiring is already at the bumper and have plugged in the lamps. I changed the indicator stalk for one with a front fog light switch on it. The fuse is ok in the fuse box but they don't work. When i switch on all the lights and rear fog light i can hear all the relays but i hear no relay when i turn on the front fog light switch and no light comes on the dash. I don't see on the car where the relay could go. Is it possible that the car is only partially pre wired for fog lights? Any help would be great thanks...

Paddy...

Maybe you can find answers in the AIM for foglights for your car (if there is any) on the Toyota Tech Doc site?

Hi, I am trying to put fog lights on my 2001 avensis with exactly the same problem. Got a new stalk that had what looked to be an extra relay attached but the front lights still dont work? Any ideas?

Thanks

I still have not got my lights wired up yet! The cable is at the bumper and i too changed the stalk but not working. It would appear that you have to add a relay beside the fuse box under the dashboard and probably some wiring but where to wire it to i just don't know. It could be that they have to be wired via a separate switch to a new relay but i'm not very technical so i can't be sure. The other option is to wire them up yourself. There are loads of universal pre wired fog light kits on eBay. It would just mean feeding the wiring around the car and using a separate switch but you would need to know what your doing or you could fry the car!

Take a look at the following pdf..it goes into great detail if you can follow it! sorry can't be of more help at this stage..

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BA972D00E-3025-4567-80B7-B2667BC66BB2%7D/Front%20foglamp%20set%20%20PZ417-T0511-00.pdf

Thanks for the pdf but its for a switch wired fog light set up. The wires, fuse etc are already there on my vermont version but still no luck.

To date I changed the indicator stalk and installed the fog lamps on the bumper. I put a relay under the dash...these is a place for it to plug into. When I turn on the fog light switch the light comes on the dash and I can hear the relay click but still no lights. I'm thinkin maybe there is another relay or fuse or link wire somewhere...I thought it would be easier than this!

Had a good look under the dash yesterday but could not find a plug for a relay? Like you, I thought this would be an easy job!

Have you an email address? I can send you a picture of where it goes

Finally got my fog lights working! Tested the cables for power at the bumper and they had power so removed the fog lights. Turned out to be bad connectors on the fog light units...wee repair job and all is working great! So the car is pre wired for front fog lights. All that's needed is the fog lights, indicator stalk and relay...many thanks for the help guys.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/8/2013 at 11:17 PM, thatch said:

Finally got my fog lights working! Tested the cables for power at the bumper and they had power so removed the fog lights. Turned out to be bad connectors on the fog light units...wee repair job and all is working great! So the car is pre wired for front fog lights. All that's needed is the fog lights, indicator stalk and relay...many thanks for the help guys.

We're does the rely go thanks

The topic is 8.5 years old and Thatch hasn't visited the club for almost two years, so you may not get a reply.

• 2 months later...

Just found this topic when exploring other parts of the forum. This has been answered many times and here is the following thread.