Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Tourer Boot Dimensions?

-lauri-

I can't find Avensis Tourer (2009-...) boot dimensions anywhere. With seats up and with seats down. One question in my mind is - can two people fit to sleep inside it? What's size from backs of front seats to the rearhatch?

Thinking of buying one (2010-2011 1.8 or 2.0 CVT automatic) and trying to figure out if its the right car for me. Or if just to get brand new 2013 Auris.

One question in my mind is - can two people fit to sleep inside it?

how tall are the people? ;)

Certainly was possible in a T25 Tourer for average sized people.

Can you not pop down to a dealer with a tape measure?

Sure I could but I've got this internet thingie here ;) Tried to google the dimensions but didn't find anything. Maybe someone knows.

Sure I could but I've got this internet thingie here ;) Tried to google the dimensions but didn't find anything. Maybe someone knows.

Hello, found this on the Toyota website http://www.toyota.co...les/rc44356.pdf

Anyway here is the info you wanted click on thr picture to enlarge it.

Pete. ;)

post-74463-0-30565400-1359489822_thumb.j

doesn't give the length with the seats down ;)

Sadly it doesn't... From one Youtube video I found "171cm seats down" but I'd still like to know the maximum lenght when front seats are as far front as possible. If no answer is found, I'll go to dealer this Friday with tape measure and will post here :)

you could definitely fit 2 people lying down , the only place you would be caught is with the width, a buddy of mine at work has one and the boot is long but it's a bit narrow due to it being an estate. If you really need the sleeping thing another guy at work has a skoda superb combi(estate) it's more than big enough to sleep in !! i know it's not a toyota but it's an option given that it's about the same price !!

Sadly it doesn't... From one Youtube video I found "171cm seats down"

seems short - I would have expected ~190cm.

it's plenty long, i can almost lie down in it with the seats up like, we got a single mattress comfortably into my buddy's one before christmas, as i said the only issue is with the width of the boot !!

I'm sure that it is plenty long - my comment was that the quoted 171cm seemed too short (i.e. probably wrong).

estate cars in that class typically have a seat down loadspace length of between 190 & 200cm. (Insignia 191, Passat 195.6, last generation Mazda 6 192.6, old Mondeo was 198.2)

oh right ya sorry, i kinda misread your comment, i was tired haha , ya 171 isnt right at all, it's one of the bigger ones in it's class like

• 8 months later...

Sadly it doesn't... From one Youtube video I found "171cm seats down" but I'd still like to know the maximum lenght when front seats are as far front as possible. If no answer is found, I'll go to dealer this Friday with tape measure and will post here smile.png

Still waiting for your post of the boot measures ;-)

PLEASE

which exact dimension(s) do you need?

The one from the tailgate with the seatbacks down will be variable according to where the front seats are. Unlike the T25 on the T27 the rear seat squab does not fold forward to protect the backs of the front seats from having things slide forwards under heavy braking.

I've just spent the day trailing around various manufacturers dealers looking at different estates.

Hi, I'd need the INSIDE measures of the boot of the 1.8 y2000 estate. Whether it's 220cm long, with front seats in front-most position ;-)

Honestly I doubt it a bit, but you never know until you measure (which I can't in the dark :-)

I thought that this post was talking about the T27 (i.e. current) Tourer & not a 2000 T22 (2 generations ago)?

puuh, I hope it's roughly the same size. No more ping-pong, do you know or not?

No, they aren't roughly the same size. The T27 Tourer is 6 inches longer than the T22 & I suspect that the seat folding mechanism in the T22 is more akin to the T25 than the T27.

If you have the car (your profile says this) I can't see why you can't measure it?

Anyway, I doubt that it's 220cm - even a Mercedes E-class estate's is listed at only 2001mm.

you can see when you get old!

Anyway, I was now able to go and measure it, so here they are for anyone needing them:

200cm long with front seats furthest

91cm wide btw wheelbase!

84cm high to get it through the 5th door!

If this helps, when I was helping my son move house, we got his single divan bed complete with the matress on top in the boot of a 2009 Avensis tourer. I am no giant at 5' 7" tall but I can lay straight in the back of the car with the rear closed and the back seats down. I made a joke at work that if I was stuck for a hotel, I would simply fold the rear seats down, clear one side of the boot and sleep in the car.