Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Brakes Stuck On..... What To Do?

Hoovie

My Brother had one, seem to remember it needing a new engine as I had to give a hand "lifting the car" as the engine comes out the bottom!

Might be mixing Austins cos he also had the more luxurious "Princess" as well!

Meanwhile I was in a Datsun (not a Nissan, it was a Datsun!!)

Old Dave

Is that right, Sunny.....?

Frayed Knot, my Cherry

The Ambassador replaced the Princess and the key difference was they changed the rear to be a hatchback instead of saloon.

The luxury one would have been the 'Vanden Plas' Princess with the daft add-on grill (which looked even worse when stuck on the VP Allegro)

When I got the job that provided that company car, I knew i would be getting an BL car of some type - and almost certainly Ambassador, Montego or Maestro - and remember having an actual nightmare and waking up in a cold sweat as I dreamt I started and was given an Allegro! Now THAT would have been just a step to far !!!

My Brother had one, seem to remember it needing a new engine as I had to give a hand "lifting the car" as the engine comes out the bottom!

Might be mixing Austins cos he also had the more luxurious "Princess" as well!

Meanwhile I was in a Datsun (not a Nissan, it was a Datsun!!)

Old Dave

Is that right, Sunny.....?

Frayed Knot, my Cherry

Stanza chance of getting out of hand this does.............

The Ambassador replaced the Princess and the key difference was they changed the rear to be a hatchback instead of saloon.

The luxury one would have been the 'Vanden Plas' Princess with the daft add-on grill (which looked even worse when stuck on the VP Allegro)

When I got the job that provided that company car, I knew i would be getting an BL car of some type - and almost certainly Ambassador, Montego or Maestro - and remember having an actual nightmare and waking up in a cold sweat as I dreamt I started and was given an Allegro! Now THAT would have been just a step to far !!!

There was a time I would have killed for a Marina. It was just a pipe dream and I was running beat up old Mini's.

We used to have Maestro Vans at work. (Ital's before that!)

They were the last Petrol vans we had and were the fastest for a long time! (The Fleet went Ford after that)

Still faster than what I've got now (but prob cos its 70 restricted!)

Dave

(Keeping on topic- brakes were bad on all the Austins!!)

They were the last Petrol vans we had and were the fastest for a long time! (The Fleet went Ford after that)

Dave

Plus the propshafts like to emulate Daly Thomson by coming off the diff end and swinging round towards the front on my T registered Marina......plastic pants car......

Tha reminds me ... It was Christmas time 1984 when I was driving to the office and the brakes suddenly went *BANG* on the Ambassador and I got to work and went into the FDs office and refused to drive the POS another mine and demanded a new car (this was about 4 months after the brakes were apparently repaired and they forgot to reconnect the rears up again and I was driving around for two days very bemused at the odd noises and handling round corners! )

Demand Seemed to work as 3 weeks later had a brand new Montego :) - Another car that I really liked but not sure why as it was also a pile of rubbish and the only time I managed to get above an indicated 75 was on that very long downhill stretch by Stroud on the M4.

Dave

Plus the propshafts like to emulate Daly Thomson by coming off the diff end and swinging round towards the front on my T registered Marina......plastic pants car......

One of my mates had a Marina Coupe and he always reckoned it was talking to him based on the constant creaks and moans that emanated from every joint and corner :)

.....wash your mouth out Hoovie, I've done millions of miles in Montegos.

What was this thread about?

.....wash your mouth out Hoovie, I've done millions of miles in Montegos.

What was this thread about?

Give me a brake!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links