Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congestion Charge Changes

stompe

This will kill our Trade in Values :censor: http://www.thetimes....icle3670610.ece

The Title was Barstewards lol

Title amended to more accurately reflect topic and allow future search accuracy

This was 'announced' a while ago. Rather a large cut from 100 to 75 for CO2 but I guess Boris needs the dough.

Wait for the Gov to do the same with VED bands. :(

Well they have to pay for HS1 and HS2 somehow.

More folk are using hybrid and other low emission vehicles. This means TFL are not getting as much cash in. Charging the congestion charge for hybrids and little Fiat 500s etc is a rip off. Driving the Prius in town traffic uses mainly the electric motor only, how on earth that is causing a high emmission levels I do not know. If the charge is changed; congestion will still be a huge problem in London. Air quality will be the same regardless of the money TFL gets. I suppose Boris is expecting more folk to use his bikes!!London buses give more air pollution than any hybrid.

If it is passed, wont there be a two year 'sunset' period for cars currently registered on the scheme? (like mine is)

It's all about money. As more people start using vehicles that are exempt from their penal tax, their take goes down so they compensate by moving the goalposts. Was the same with diesel fuel. When a critical mass of people started switching to diesel to save fuel costs, they increased the tax on the stuff to compensate.

When you accept that you can't win no matter what you do, life becomes easier...

Absolutely agree korat 102. When the new charge rules come in I will endeavour not to take our Prius into a congestion zone. That way they still won't get my hard earned money.

If it is passed, wont there be a two year 'sunset' period for cars currently registered on the scheme? (like mine is)

There should be (they did it for the gen2 last time) but it will probably be for the current owner only and not transferable if you sell the car.

I belive that is correct. 2 years grace till 2015, probably Easter or Juneish

I made the rookie mistake of paying the £10 fee for exemption the first year, did not bother this year.

Mainly because I never went into London during the week (no congestion charge at weekends) as once you are in it costs a small fortune to park, so you might as well park outside and take the tube.

Hi All,

Im wondering what its going to do to the second hand Market, i expect its going to hammer the residuals :bangin:

Im wondering what its going to do to the second hand Market,

Maybe not much. The new limits will exclude practically all cars so everybody is getting hit. Also, it only affects those who drive into London. There is a big world outside London where the congestion charge does not reach. ;)

I will bet that the guys at general motors are quite happy with this development....volt and ampera sales are due to rise. I wonder how long before a more frugal prius is developed?

There is the Prius Plug-in which emits 49g/km of CO2. They also have the Toyota I-Road concept for the Geneva motor show - similar to the Renault Twizy

Im wondering what its going to do to the second hand Market,

Maybe not much. The new limits will exclude practically all cars so everybody is getting hit. Also, it only affects those who drive into London. There is a big world outside London where the congestion charge does not reach. ;)

You sure? I thought the ONLY reason people bought hybrids and EV's was because you can get into central London for free? :)

Perhaps the marketing men should relook at the matter and realise that there are only 70,000 journeys into the ccz every day (and only 2,500 of those are exept - ie Prius etc) and that there are 1,000,000 (near as damn it) cars sold every year in the UK. Stop pandering to the minority of ccz drivers and focus on the environmentally or cost conscious drivers in the REST of the UK.

(http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/green-cars/londons-congestion-charge-descends-farce)