Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Xt4 2005

Sgm62

Hi, I'm new to the club, in the process of buying a rav4 xt4 2005 automatic model. Is the satnav any good on these models and are these 4x4s all what they claim to be. Thanks

I thought the sat nav option was only on the XT5, maybe you could get it as an option on the XT4 as well. Either way I cannot advise you on it.

As for the 4x4 capabilities, my XT3 has amazed me how it found traction in the snow last weekend.

We live near a narrow 2 mile long 1:5 hill that goes up over the moors, on Saturday morning we drove up it through a good 5" of snow and ice, I did wonder if it was a stupid thing to try, but no worries it went up OK.

You might find the automatic is a bit thirsty on juice though. Mine is manual and I average 31.5 mpg

Phil

Hi, I'm new to the club, in the process of buying a rav4 xt4 2005 automatic model. Is the satnav any good on these models and are these 4x4s all what they claim to be. Thanks

We've got two 4.2's, both vvti automatics, an 02-reg 5-dr & a 54-reg 3-dr. They aaren't the most fuel-efficient vehicles but in every other respect thay are near-perfect. The 4x4 system is first class. In nearly 11 years I have never found any conditions where they couldn't cope.

We've got two 4.2's, both vvti automatics, an 02-reg 5-dr & a 54-reg 3-dr. They aaren't the most fuel-efficient vehicles but in every other respect thay are near-perfect. The 4x4 system is first class. In nearly 11 years I have never found any conditions where they couldn't cope.

Certainly agree with Jim, I have a 4.2 and 4.3, both auto petrol, and in many respects the 4.2 is better as it is permanent 4x4. The later car has more toys including nav (XT5) and the nav is wanting. You can't use it on the move, and limited post code recognition and the ride is "firmer". the 4.2 is bullet proof, owned for 4 years and no faults in that time.

Sat Nav on the 4.3s or at least on the B9004 fitted cars is brilliant.. Some may moan that they are not as good as a Tom Tom.. But then some moaned when the combustion engine replaced the horse...

If the sat Nav on the XT4 is the standard 58812 radio with the add on sat-Nav box driving the small 58812 display (which I *think* is the case), then IMO that adds ZERO value to the vehicle as if you really want or need Sat-Nav, you will end up buying either a different head unit (that was my solution when I had my 2005 RAV4.2, or you will get a Tom-Tom or Garmin unit to stick on the windscreen.

Apart from the Sat-Nav aspect, the 2005 XT4 VVT-i is a great car and a good trim level :)

If the sat Nav on the XT4 is the standard 58812 radio with the add on sat-Nav box driving the small 58812 display (which I *think* is the case), then IMO that adds ZERO value to the vehicle as if you really want or need Sat-Nav, you will end up buying either a different head unit (that was my solution when I had my 2005 RAV4.2, or you will get a Tom-Tom or Garmin unit to stick on the windscreen.

Apart from the Sat-Nav aspect, the 2005 XT4 VVT-i is a great car and a good trim level :)

Is it not just that "turn by turn" sat nav instructor thing on that model....?

Never saw it in action but I think so.

I did purchase the add on unit is eBay but never found a source for the cables to connect so sold it again, - the only reason I did but it was I really prefer integrated sat-Nav and thought it worth a shot.