Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Rear View Camera Supplier

Gav rav

Hi all,

I am thinking of attempting to fit a reversing camera soon as nearly reversed into a car in Teso earlier. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one? I did see some on eBay but not sure they would work ok?

Many thanks,

Gav

Hi all,

I am thinking of attempting to fit a reversing camera soon as nearly reversed into a car in Teso earlier. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one? I did see some on eBay but not sure they would work ok?

Many thanks,

Gav

Gavin.....on the odd occasion it rains in That Wales. The raindrops obliterate the picture you get from yer camera. Consider carefully the pros and cons versus a set of rear Reversey Beep-Beeps.

Big Kev.

On this rare occasion I will agree with Kev, I have spent the entire winter so far wiping the camera lens every day as it gets covered in spray, far more useful are my Beepy beep things plus use of the old Mk1 eyeball.

Gus

p.s. eyeballs are cheaper than any of the electronic trickery utilised by Mr T.

If he has the T180 like myself, he'll already have the reversing beeps?

I find that the reversing camera does get foggy and it isn't much use at night. However it does self clean, I don't have clean the camera

If he has the T180 like myself, he'll already have the reversing beeps?

I find that the reversing camera does get foggy and it isn't much use at night. However it does self clean, I don't have clean the camera

You may find that your number plate light bulb dries and/or defrosts the camera inadvertently as noticed by Anchorman. I changed mine to LED bulbs which don't do this.

Big Kev

Jag ones have a tiny spray washer on them. Could this be fitted or something like to help keep things clearer ?

I'm not a huge fan of these reverse cameras as its to easy to stare at the screen and forget the front of the car and where its heading !.

Thanks all for the advice, I would prefer the beeps but if I'm honest I can't afford £300 to get them fitted! I was hopefully going to do this for under £20!

have a look in accessories shop or eBay for a stick on Fresnel lens.

Should work well to give you a wide angle view of the space behind the rear of your car and should be proper cheap.

Thanks all for the advice, I would prefer the beeps but if I'm honest I can't afford £300 to get them fitted! I was hopefully going to do this for under £20!

Why doesn't your T180 have them as standard?

For some reason it doesn't , I think cause it's an early T 180?!

Only the very last run out T180s had the reversing camera fitted as standard.

Balvenie on the Bran Flakes again.....? We are refering to the lack of Reversey Beep Beeps on OP's T180, not the chocolate fireplace rear view camera doodah.

My reversing camera is fitted in the middle under the bumper which never seems to get the problems of water droplets and dirt on it, maybe this is a better place than using the numberplate light area where the dirt tends to accumulate like on the rear door and glass. Although I did have to drill a little hole for it to fit in to but it's a tiny camera and works fantastic being colour and has lines to show how close you are.

post-127602-0-69954000-1359904210_thumb.

For some reason it doesn't , I think cause it's an early T 180?!

Maybe?

I thought all T180's had reversing beeps as standard. If the connections are there the cheapest upgrade will indeed be the camera

Humour us all, Gavin.....are there deffo no wee button-like things on yer back bumper that one could easily confuse with concealed bumper fixments.....? I too am surprised you don't have them. If the wee bumper buttons ARE there, you will have Beep-Beeps, possibly with an on off switch in yer boot (or they are there and gubbered......) Please take the question in the spirit it is meant.....

Big Kev

Hi Big Kev,

Defo no fixments or sensors!

Does every T180 defo have th wiring for the camera?

From the previous threads on the Forum, then yes. However given your T180 doesn't have the old beep beeps, then I am not sure!

However, checking for this (ie pulling off the rear door card) doesn't take very long.