Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using Mains As A Battery

snodge182

Hi,

First of all I would like to mention why I want to use the mains as a virtual Battery... I have a new sub-woofer I have fitted and I don't want to have to run it in for 30 hours while driving. I would like to know if there is some sort of car Battery simulator that runs on the mains so that I can use electric power in the car without de-charging the Battery (so that I dont have to drive around for 30 hours just to run it in). I'm looking to run it in without the engine on, while the car is parked on the driveway...

Regards George

what you need i think is a split charge unit and a second Battery you can use the second Battery to power the amp and sub you can also have a power cap 1.5 farads this stores power so when your audio needs some extra power for some deep base notes the cap provides the power so your Battery doesn't get hammered

Install a second Battery, Battery isolator and a second and/or heavier alternator...

To run an audiosystem off of mains you need a massive powersupply...