Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help, Mr. Waterford!:)

Baldypaul

Hi Mr waterford....sorry, me again! Ok, I'm starting to get a bit p*ssed off now. I managed to locate that last fixing you highlighted to me (10mm hex head screw), so they are all out, and STILL can't get the ********panel off! Am I doing something wrong? All the clips are de located from the bottom, the screws are all out, I'm pulling the panel away at the bottom, then lifting, and apart from a few squeaking noises, nothing is happening. Surely this is not rocket science...I've taken a few of these off other cars in the past with no problem, so maybe it is rocket science (or maybe I'm just being a muppet!!)....Help!! (please), all I want to do is change the Speakers

one under the windows switch, another behind the avensis logo(or fuel tank switch) and last one behind the door opener.. that's it lad. Then just pull that fekin panel away from the bottom upwards.. there are 1 or 2 clips in the middle part of the panel and i think 3 on the top..so just pull it ..that's all i can tell you. Dont forget to loose the side mirror inside cover a bit to have some space to lift the panel up when all clips will be de-located. And disconnect the door light connector aswell. Dont know what else might cause this issue lad.

As Always Sir, many thanks. Haven't tried yet ,but from what you say, I wasn't pulling the top rail clips out (so I was being a muppet!). I could feel this is where it was still catching, but didn't want to just yank it (you know what it's like when you get a 'new'car - all a bit nervous, in case you break something!). Wiil give it a go tomorrow, honestly, this is like a secret squirrel door panel, is it not - blind fixings aboundBest wishesPaul

6 1/2 " Soundstream sc-6t components if they fit. Got them cheapish off eBay, but obviously haven't been able to see if they actually are suitable yet - they should be, but you never can tell until they are in the hole

Hoo-!Removed!-ray!! Speakers all in and working...much, much better, though will have to re strip down and fit some acoustic foam around the speaker housing, as door skin thinks it's a drum skin!! Many thanks for all your help guys, especially you, Mr. Waterford - couldn't have done it without you

Glad 2 help.. Enjoy your new speaker's ;-). Wud u post link on that speaker's? Will need 2 replace my ones too. Thanks

Hi Mr. Waterford

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121049280922?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 - that's where I got them, you may be able to buy cheaper. You will need either a pair of 6 1/2" x 1" spacers, or you can do what I ended up doing, which is to literally cut out the existing speaker cones and supports, then simply screw these new ones to the old speaker shrouds. (You'll need to drill a small hole in the side of the shroud for the cable, obviously. The big advantage for you, I guess, is that you already know how to get the door card off...!

Best wishes chap

paul

yeah Paul, know how to replace them coz i already did. Had one really bad few months ago on passenger side and friend of mine was breaking one avensis so I took one speaker from his car but now driver side speaker starting ****** me off :D . Will replace them all soon for some aftermarket brand. Have good experience with Pyle Blue Speakers.. cheap and good performance. Thanks, Martin.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links