Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Bumper Removal From 2005 Avensis Tx-3

tutster

Hello. Can anyone please tell me how to remove the rear bumper from my Avensis?? Its a 2005 TX-3 auto. Im having some reversing sensors fitted soon and need to knoew how to remove it!!!

Many thanks.

Hello. Can anyone please tell me how to remove the rear bumper from my Avensis?? Its a 2005 TX-3 auto. Im having some reversing sensors fitted soon and need to knoew how to remove it!!!

Many thanks.

Hello,

I fitted my sensors with the bumper on and it was very easy, just be aware that there is a large metal inner bumper behind the plastic. You will find this drawing very helpful for where to drill the holes and in this position the sensors pick up even the corners or the rear end, it's from the Toyota web site so it's spot on.

Do Not be tempted to put the sensors nearer to the outer edge as they will pick up to many things from the side, when fitting them as per drawing they still pick up obstructions a foot from the side.

I'm really glad I fitted them to my car after putting my pride to one side and doing it, as the Avensis isn't an easy car to judge reversing. :no:

Regards Pete.

post-74463-0-74956400-1359647621_thumb.g