Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glow Plugs Help.

SimonNI

Hi, This is probably easy to do, but can anyone tell me how to test the glow plugs on an 06 2lt D4D Avensis to see if thy need replaced? The car is hard to start of a morning.

Cheers Simon.

Hi, This is probably easy to do, but can anyone tell me how to test the glow plugs on an 06 2lt D4D Avensis to see if thy need replaced? The car is hard to start of a morning.

Cheers Simon.

Hello Simon,

they can be tested in or out of the engine but you will need a good multimeter, the wire link to each glow plug needs disconnecting whilst testing and disconnect the Battery negative as a safety precaution.

Click on the diagram to enlarge it.

Pete.

post-74463-0-59405000-1359661966_thumb.j

An easy test if you're good at home mechanics is to disconnect the supply wire, take a long screwdriver or similar and touch it against the connector on the glow plug, and take a jump lead from the poz Battery terminal and skiff it off your screwdriver. If you get a big juicy spark your plug is good,if you get a small spark or nothing then it's kaput.

Be safe tho, if you're not confident then check it the proper way.