Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuses

eygo

can anyone tell me what circuits the fuses protect that are found in the instrument cluster.

There's twelve of them, so a bit much to just know from the top of my head.

But there should be some paper thing with your car, riddled with words and drawings.

It's called a manual. Fuses are described in that and much, much more...

i would of looked in the paper thing in the car if the car came with a paper thing thats called a manual,

so since the car didn't come with a paper thing thats called a manual i thought i would ask.

sorry for putting you out.

That was a bit harsh Jan :boxed:

But I think he's right in principle eygo. If you are going to start poking around in places like that you really should get a manual and/or wiring diagrams.

There are pdfs of the diagrams available (I've got some) but can't remember where from - do a search on this forum and you'll probably be able to find the links. I expect there is a pdf of a manual somewhere too, but I've got a paper one so no actual knowledge on that one :blushing: .

i only found these fuses by mistake when i went to add a rev counter and wondered what they protected thats all, i would rather know what they protect then have something fail and then start to wonder where the hell to look

There is a total of 14 fuses located in the rear of the instrument cluster (including 1 spare). Most of these fuses protect multiple circuits and not all the fuses are of the same type ie some are mini and some are midi types. They range between 7.5amps up to 40amps.They are arranged in 2 vertical columns but then you will already have seen that. There is an additional fuse box mounted under the bonnet on the near side just behind the Battery which also contains a number of relays.

As I said earlier, most of these fuses each protect multple circuits and the configuration is too long to list here. You can get a Haynes manual from Amazon for around £19 and it's worth it's weight in gold.

I'd really recommend you get a Haynes and that will give you all the info you could ever need.

DSH

It might be harsh, but a lot of questions would be left un-spoken if people would read the manual they got with ANY product.

As for the fuses; there are even more! The ons yo can see on both sides of the gaugecluster and those under

the bonnet are all the same size. But on the back of the cluster there's a couple more, in between the plugs.

These are hard to reach and even harder to obtain; most dealers don't even stock them!

Listing what all fuses do here is too long of a list, especially as some fuses switch function

with certain configurations of cars. The Dutch manual needs 3 or 4 pages to explain them all!,,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links