Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove Rear Wiper On 03 Avensis Hatch

Alvey

I need to replace the read wiper rubber / arm on my avensis 03 T3 hatchback. The arm lift only 10 degrees up off the screen. It

looks as if the whole arm should be removed from the wiper spindle, but I dont know how without breaking it. Help please

Alvey

The arm is held by a nut under the plastic cover at its base. It may still be tight on the splines so you could use a puller or give the bush of the arm a blow with a hammer either side or try warming it up. However if it only the blade you want off just lift up the arm and turn the blade fully over to the left until the rubber is upward and there is a small lever to press and lift it upward off the arm.

Fitter

I need to replace the read wiper rubber / arm on my avensis 03 T3 hatchback. The arm lift only 10 degrees up off the screen. It

looks as if the whole arm should be removed from the wiper spindle, but I dont know how without breaking it. Help please

Alvey

The blade will come off leaving the arm in place by lifting up and turning the blade through 180 degrees, if you really have to take the arm off as well then as fitter says lift the cover at the base then spray some penetrating oil on the nut and spindle then leave for a while ... but be very careful removing it as it is mounted in the rear window glass.

Pete.

If you just want to replace the wiper blade there is a plastic cover at the base of the arm. To remove it ease the cover at both sides of the arm and it should lift off allowing the blade to be lifted clear of the window and changed as described in other posts.

Thank you gentlemen. Ireplaced just the rubber as I couldn't get an arm that would fit.

My arm is all plastic. The rubber is far too long, but cuts to size £1.99 cant be bad

Alvey

• 1 year later...

I would like to know which blade I can use to replace the old one on a Avensis 03 Hatchback. I went to the local store, but they couldn't find the right blade in their computer. Who's got an idea? Thanks!

last time I got it from Toyota with plastic bit for under a tenner, or you can just replace rubber.

Thanks! Do you know the part number of the rubber? Or can I use another brand?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks! Do you know the part number of the rubber? Or can I use another brand?