Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla Ae92

DeBuG-ti

Hey all,

My names Andy, quite funny actually the last time I posted on this forum I was telling you guys I was 21 living in worthing and showing off my neato black AE92... Well now im 26 and unfortunately I don't have that black AE92 anymore :( She was sold on as I couldn't afford or didn't have the space and time to sort out that nasty rot they all suffer with!

Last year I thought i'd make it up to the old girl which I now know sits in a guys room in spare parts! I bought a grey 1991 Toyota Corolla GTi 3rd Gen Non TVIS model.

She was quite badly looked after, when I got her there was no air filter, no water in the rad, cracked windscreen across the front glass, roof had completely bubbled up and faded and every wing and arch had been very badly resprayed without being lackered or properly treated.... All in all.... It was a mess and I could see my friends eyes roll when he knew that I was walking out that door with the intention to buy it and save it from doom!

So here we are! The start and the current state! I know I shouldn't but i'd like to give thanks to the AE92 owners club for all their help and support so far too!

Ah yes, before we start this is the little tyke thats gotten me into this mess ;)

23.jpg

And this is the new tyke when I first bought it!

iphone766.jpg

iphone828.jpg

It was worse thank it looks ;)

iphone829.jpg

No air filter located inside the box..... Obviously they wanted to make it sound throatier, idiots.

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

The day came to start stripping her naked to see what we had under her!

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Wasn't actually to bad at all a few spots here and there around the turrets and by the spare wheel!

IMG_1267.jpg

The archers at the rear were completely rotted through, just covered up to make it not look as bad!

IMG_1268.jpg

We spent 3 hours extracting the window ourselves... 3 painful hours I can tell you that ;)

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

Then layer after layer came off

IMG_1303.jpg

Under the rear bumper wasn't great and needed to be replaced

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

Notice in this picture above the rear bumper by the light the paintworks cracking and it looks like a very poor uneven finish has been done to cover something up ;) that will all be uncovered later on!

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1311_zps19ea201d.jpg

IMG_1312_zpsbecb82cc.jpg

IMG_1314_zpsd6bf7b9d.jpg

Result after sanding by hand

IMG_1316_zps5519543e.jpg

IMG_1317_zps0eff928e.jpg

New rear pocket arrived

IMG_1354.jpg

We worked day and night on this car to try and get it ready for spraying etc

IMG_1355.jpg

Protected the bare metal from rusting again with some Zinc 182 (no the names not a joke lol)

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work mate! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Thanks mad :)

Your wish is my command!

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

photo.jpg

Had to do it properly and get the official wings, yeah ok they're about £60 each more than the copy's but for a start they line up perfect, fit perfect and look perfect!

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

TECHNICS sticker is coming off :) I managed to find this spotless and rustless boot from eBay, got the bonnett with it too :D

IMG_1454.jpg

Bye bye baby!

photo-1_zpsf9d15248.jpg

IMG_1756_zpsbf2c8a46.jpg

IMG_1758_zps77185072.jpg

IMG_1760_zpsf83114e6.jpg

IMG_1767_zps99a8aa2f.jpg

IMG_1768_zpsfa8dfd17.jpg

IMG_1769_zpsf0559a61.jpg

IMG_1774_zps424b5a22.jpg

IMG_1775_zps8fd0ca9a.jpg

IMG_1777_zps7d8935a2.jpg

IMG_1778_zpsffa65248.jpg

IMG_1779_zps771853f1.jpg

IMG_1780_zpsb959b80e.jpg

IMG_1781_zpsbf8e7fcf.jpg

• Like 1

While i've been home waiting for her to come back, i've been doing some touching up myself and having various come back from the work shop!

Masking up the chrome around the toyota Badge and the GTI Badge :) ready to spray it MATT black so the chrome stands out better!

IMG_1783_zps0f66522e.jpg

IMG_1784_zpsc6da4948.jpg

I got some bits given back to me all sprayed :D

IMG_1786_zps83e05361.jpg

IMG_1787_zps074db911.jpg

After a couple days of spraying etc I unveiled my new GTI Badge and Toyotoa badge, very happy with the results! I also restored my original wiper arms with the screw fittings for the Wiper Blades :P You heard me, so hardcore you screw your wipers on to the arms haha.

IMG_1791_zps5c8a2c69.jpg

IMG_1793_zps3ffdc6eb.jpg

IMG_1794_zps3a7c4b8a.jpg

I had to put it on the grill just to see the sexyness

IMG_1796_zps2011615e.jpg

Front and rear bumper arrived back today!

IMG_1797_zpsdf15c1fc.jpg

IMG_1798_zps30aa4b75.jpg

IMG_1799_zpsecd34f1b.jpg

• Like 1

Looks mint! I am pretty sure that the final result will put a big smile on your face. Apart from looks, do you have any other plans? engine-wise or setup-wise?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Holy cow... I haven't updated this post in ages :) hello again everyone! And yes bud, you can order the front wings of the AE92 off carz2 online (replicas) or get the original ones from toyota (very expensive but worth it!)

Just seen its in the wanted part of the forum!? 

It's definitely not wanted :) I was going to post the final pics of the car as i haven't could someone move this back to the Corolla part of the forums?

Absolutely in love with that car you bought. A lot like the Corolla E11 I bought, body needs attention and I'd like to make it sexy.

Reading the posts you mention the Zinc 182. Can you tell me how good it is as I've got spots of rust on the panels that I'd like to protect and as you did yours a few years ago I'd like to know how you've found it.

• 2 years later...

Hello i have question 

how can i fix economy indicator it always stay orange light 

• 3 years later...

Hello All,

@DeBuG-ti your car looks amazing buddy.

I have one that looks pretty much identical to yours.

Does anyone know what would be a good, reasonably prices suspension for this car?

I'v had mine since 2012, its been sitting for about 6 years and I just got it up and running today.

Its got a few rust spots on the arches and sunroof but i'll have that addressed in due course.

The cars sitting very low on the drivers side, I think the shocks have gone front and back on the outside so considering just fitting coilovers. 

Any and all help would br much appreciated. 

Thank you.