Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soon To Be Aygo Owner Question..

shiftywxm

Hi,

Just thought I'd say a hello since I've just joined the forum. I will be getting a new Aygo Fire in March. This will be my third Toyota. I currently own a 2nd gen Prius and am changing as it's starting to have a few things go wrong with it. So decided to change it before something really expensive goes wrong and it still has some value. I also got hit by a bus in it last year and don't have the same feeling for the car anymore.

I've paid to have the tech pack added to the Aygo for the upgraded audio. It says it has a USB connection for the ipod, but can you use USB sticks with it as well?

Also, does anyone have a pdf or a link to the manual for the upgraded audio system? Would like to read about it now as I will be too excited once I have the car to read a manual!

Really excited to be moving to the Aygo, I'm counting down the days...29 days to go!! lol

Colin

Welcome to TOC :)

Why not ask your supplying dealer if you can have the owners manuals from the car prior to taking delivery.........that will give you a chance to get acquainted with your Aygo

The Toyota dealer that I get my cars from has always been happy to let me have the handbook in advance.........It certainly makes life a bit easier when you collect the car!

• 3 weeks later...

I've asked the dealer and they don't have an owner manual for the tech pack I can have prior to delivery. I've also emailed Toyota who just replied that it is a technical question that should be answered by the technical staff at my local dealers. A visit to the technical staff at the local dealers just had them scratching their heads!

Does anyone have the tech pack on an aygo fire that can answer my question about using USB memory sticks?

Presume it will be similar to the Panasonic unit in my Auris - where the USB socket is in the glovebox. It does play from a USB memory stick - folders on the memory stick are selected using the numerical buttons or the tuning control.

Presume it will be similar to the Panasonic unit in my Auris - where the USB socket is in the glovebox. It does play from a USB memory stick - folders on the memory stick are selected using the numerical buttons or the tuning control.

Thanks for the reply! Now to find a decent usb stick

I believe you can use USB sticks as well but you may want to check with the dealer.. Here is a pic with an Ipod connection (white wire) and the black key fob thing is where the USB stick goes under the cover. I cant find a pic showing them without anything attached to them.

post-63082-0-41591300-1361635131_thumb.j

I've used HPv165's in the past. Quite small - about 2.8cm long with the cap on - and unobtrusive. See http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/279-3194351-9183245?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hp+v165

Yes you can use memory sticks, and no the upgraded stereo isn't very good. That's if you're refering to the new one design one with built in bluetooth etc

One of the sales guys at Letchworth Toyota actually said I'd be better of sticking with the standard one! Also, if it's anything like the new 107/C1, there will be no rear Speakers and to have them added you need to go back to the dealer and pay them again to activate them on the stereo, nothing like the old unit where you could just connect them.

Personally, you should have saved your cash.

PROBLEM! Ive been searching the web for the Aygo Fire USB connection, but its beginning to dawn on me that maybe the uSB connection is for the Aygo Ice. Read this article:

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/toyota-aygo-fire-and-ice-now-available

Double check with Toyota unless they changed the specs.

The USB connection comes on the Tech pack add-on with the Fire.

Oh, ok. I just couldnt find the information for the USB for the Fire. Sounds good though!

That's the problem I've been having. Don't know if it's a new add-on for 2013 or a not well used option.

According to the Honest John review it was a new option for the 2012 facelift.

USB has been available since the 2012 models, not particulaly new!