Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serpentine Belt Snaped, Toyota Auris

Hopolo

Hello,

I have toyota auris from 2009, its 2.0 d-4d diesel engine, and few months ago had a problem with it, among all the other problems i had with this car. On a freeway,in the middle of nowhere, my serpentine belt snaped and i was forced to pull over. After giving a lot of money for a towing truck ride to the nearest service, and after exchanging serpentine belt the day after, people from the service tried to convince me that it never happened before,and that my car is the first toyota with that problem. I forgot to mention, I had only 47 000 km on the dashboard.

Did anyone had the same problem?

Thanks

Sorry to learn of your troubles, hope its all sorted now.

It would be interesting to know what the recommended mileage is for replacing the belt.

Well,the servicer told me that they check tension of the serpentine belt at 150 000 km,and most cars go 300 000 km without a problem. Dont think i will buy auris ever again.....

Do you seriously think that the other cars are better in some way? Auris isn't perfect, but it's much better than many other cars... I had plenty of problems with it myself, too.

Why do you think its so good with all the problems you had?

I had 9 cars in my life,from fiat and renault to volvo and audi,and of all those cars, auris is giving me the most problems and headaches. So, i wouldnt rate it that high. Corolla was perfect, but this is something else....

Oh yes, Corolla and Yaris were perfect cars, not a single problem. Drove Yaris before myself. But I believe that now the built quality is weaker overall, and that's why even reliable cars like Toyota are having problems.

I've been following this forum for a while and complained about all the faults after buying the Auris. Many people told me that if I had some other car (even as good as BMW) I would continuously struggle with it. Many electrical and other faults, some of which cannot even be tracked down and fixed. Wouldn't expect such from a world class, famous car, which has good build quality, expensive-looking materials inside etc. Also I've heard that many Mercedes' are much worse now. Before they lasted forever and are even now very common old cars, can see pretty many of the '90 models on the streets.