Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Struts

samuraidragon

I just bought a 2000 celica which had a oem spoiler fitted at some point. Problem is the struts wernt upgraded to support it. My question is, can the stuts be too overpowered for the job. By this I mean I have found 3 types of struts, without spoiler, with spoiler and the full blown trd struts. Its not the big trd spoiler fitted but if I went for the strongest, would it still do the job? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

Even my GT wasn't supplied with the upgraded boot struts and it comes with the TRD spoiler, if you had a problem with the boot not staying if it was back to the dealer and they would replace for newer ones under warranty and then you'd get the upgraded ones. It's in my paperwork from the previous owner. The upgraded struts have SP on them.

As long as they are off a celica then they won't be too powerful, but even the standard ones start to fail over time so will eventually need to be replaced. You should be fine with standard ones as they are new, but if you want them to last a bit longer get the upgraded ones. They will stil do the same job and be fine, you will notice the boot will pull up a bit faster with the stronger struts.

Toyota only made 2 versions the standard and the ones for a spoiler which had SP written on them, go by this as just because you've found a set off a car which has a spoiler doesn't mean they will be any good for a boot with a spoiler.

I was looking at a set from eBay (I know non-oem aint the recomended option but im broke with a very expensive year ahead of me) which stated it was for gt and trd models but not standard spoilers which is the reason why I ask, but if its not all that much difference, I think ill just go for the upuprated option.

Don't know how much the ones on eBay are, but over on celica club we have a group buy for around £40 a set, but it's a continuous group buy so there is no end date for them.

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/130369-grab-a-bargain-gen-7-boot-struts-l4050-suitable-for-gt-tsport-ect-spoilers-open-ended-group-buy/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links