Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding Intercooler:corolla 2.0 D4D E12 90Hp

NikX

Greetings friends!

I own a Corolla 2.0 D4D E12 1CDFTV engine,90HP(66kw),non intercooled one

My idea is to add one,especialy since there are exacly the same motors 1CDFTV,turbocharged but ith intercooler marked as 116HP

Also,i have a tune-able powerbox,plus an ECU(ECD) from the 116HP model(got it from a local auto graveyard nearly for free,its Denso if that matters,my origial is a Denso too)

My questions are:

-Shall i gain any bennefit from that operation?Is it possible at all?

-Shall i search for a standart intercooler from the 116hp model or i have to look for an aftermarket version?

-is this the intercooler original radiatorand shalli have a place in my car for it?

Any opinion about that matter is wellcomed,and thanks in advance fr your help

Does a 2.0 90HP exist?

Thought that only the 1.4 have 90HP, and the 2.0 have 116HP?

Grtz

Yeah,its actualy kinda quite a rare model,2.0 D4d 90HP same engine as the 116hp one,same gear boh,same crunsh,same ECU(ofc remaped for90hp) and no intercooler

And its a sedan :)

Strange,but it has no dual mass flywhell also(as all 2.0 model),which is very good

here it is34567j.jpg

• 6 months later...

Yeah,its actualy kinda quite a rare model,2.0 D4d 90HP same engine as the 116hp one,same gear boh,same crunsh,same ECU(ofc remaped for90hp) and no intercooler

And its a sedan smile.png

Strange,but it has no dual mass flywhell also(as all 2.0 model),which is very good

here it is34567j.jpg

Have the same car. The intercooler is located at left front corner and it is a small one. One at your picture is for 2.2 D4D engines. Difficult to find here in Finland. I am planning to make one inside front bumper. Bigger and more efficient. You can find the IC pictures from toyodiy if you want to see the picture of the original one.

Making my IC this winter so maybe pictures later...

• 1 month later...

Another member had tried tuning the 90hp- hatch derivative. I cannot find their thread right now, though. But it was high performence tuning that he was trying to achieve, which is hard with Denso electronics - what's yours?! As Tuomas noticed, isn't that red "D" at the end set for the 2.2l models?!

PS: here it is on another forum: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1818-sams-d4d-e12-project/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links