Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 96 Gt Four Has A Couple Of Issues

Terry D

OK, so iv had my GT-Four since sept2012 and in the past month it has hit me with a list of problems all at once..

1, i get a rumbling sound when braking, even at low speeds! that sounds like the ABS but no ABS light coming on and sometimes the peddle gives heavy feed back and is hard to push

2, power steering squeaks when i turn the wheel at low speeds or manoeuvring, i'm guessing this is the belt?

3, the newest issue is a knocking from the rear, its not just when i go over bumps but also when i brake or accelerate.

Cant afford to fix it at the moment but need to know how serious the problems are and if I need to stop driving it, Also seems that very phew Garages know much about GT4's and Toyota dealers want mega ££ just to look at it.

=(

OK, so iv had my GT-Four since sept2012 and in the past month it has hit me with a list of problems all at once..

1, i get a rumbling sound when braking, even at low speeds! that sounds like the ABS but no ABS light coming on and sometimes the peddle gives heavy feed back and is hard to push

2, power steering squeaks when i turn the wheel at low speeds or manoeuvring, i'm guessing this is the belt?

3, the newest issue is a knocking from the rear, its not just when i go over bumps but also when i brake or accelerate.

Cant afford to fix it at the moment but need to know how serious the problems are and if I need to stop driving it, Also seems that very phew Garages know much about GT4's and Toyota dealers want mega ££ just to look at it.

=(

Issue 1 - have you had a look at the brake pads ? There could be a stone embedded between the grooves Which would make noise & stop the pads from full contact braking. Worth a look .....

Issue 2 - most likely the belt needs replacing or maybe a small adjustment.

Issue 3 - have a look at the drop links, they could easily be making those sort of noises & are an easy fix. Connects the roll bar via 2 bushes.

Hope that helps :)

I think i need the bushes replaced at the back but need to find a speares place other than Toyota as the are telling me i have to by them in a set that includes the arms and its £120 per arm... o.O

Iv tried adjusting the belt and still get the issue, took it into get the belt changed, and they changed the wrong 1...

Ill check the pads, at the moment im thinking there could be something wrong with the back right side as i can hear a very faint metallic sound, like a spring rattling

There are plenty of places you can get bushes online - try eBay to start with or Fensport perhaps ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links