Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here We Go Again!

RichT180

Avensis T180 tourer, engine replaced under warranty, 4,000 miles on and started to get alot of white smoke on acceleration now and again. I can also smell rubber when I get out. Any ideas?

water pump? I got intermittent white smoke on acceleration when mine was going.

Thanks for that, do you think the water pump could be causing the belt to rub thus causing the smell of burning rubber too?

sorry, I don't know.

My conjecture was that under hard acceleration higher pressure somewhere was allowing water to pass a seal.

Strangely enough it also seemed more noticeable when accelerating around a bend (e.g. from a junction) than straight.

• 2 weeks later...

Avensis T180 tourer, engine replaced under warranty, 4,000 miles on and started to get alot of white smoke on acceleration now and again. I can also smell rubber when I get out. Any ideas?

Mine does exactly the same and my engine has covered 10,000 miles. Also with a hint of blue smoke. Burning rubber smell seems to be at o.s.r.

do u have any coolent lose????? has the oil gone like nesquick?? any gunk in the coolent tank???????? look for signs of water leakage around the water pump (white chrystaline substance) any signs of wear on the aux belt?