Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am I Missing Something?

Grumpy stumpy

Can someone tell me please if I am missing a rubber strip or something, on my wide bodied rav the rear doors has a body trim that's fitted to the rear doors following the wheel arch curve. When you open the door the inside of this is full of mud and dirt, is this how it is a slight design flaw or am I missing a strip to stop mud/ dirt getting through ?

Cheers

Hopefully one of the resident RAV owners will be along soon to answer your question :)

No my 62 plate does it too. I pressure wash mine every week and I just open the door and do down that trim. Afterwards when I dry the car, I have an old leather which I use to wipe down it. I never wipe it without washing the grit off first.

It's a crap idea and I personally wouldn't have those trims by choice.

No my 62 plate does it too. I pressure wash mine every week and I just open the door and do down that trim. Afterwards when I dry the car, I have an old leather which I use to wipe down it. I never wipe it without washing the grit off first.

It's a crap idea and I personally wouldn't have those trims by choice.

thanks for that, like you say it's a crap idea.

The word idea disnae even cover it......woeful bit of design. Lets one gauge the size of grit they are spreading each winter, as it all gets stuck in that area......madness.

Big Kev

I painted the inside of mine with Hammerite spray, just to seal it all up a bit more against corrosion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links