Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tracking Advice Please

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys

Just had a thought...

I'm not any closer to putting my 17" alloys on as yet as i'm still undecided on my tyre options...BUT ANY HOOO...

I'm wondering...if my car drives in a perfectly straight line...no pulling...steering wheel in line too...once i have fitted my new 17's...

Do i still need to have it tracked???

I remember years back, with my old Carina cdx i put some 16's on it ...bought the alloys new with new tyres etc and put them on and off i went and never noticed a thing...didi over 1000 miles on them before selling the car...but now i'm a likkle more cautious about everything...must be ageing lol!

:flowers:

I would get the tracking checked when the new wheels/tyres are fitted - any charge usually comes in if adjustment is needed.

If you wheel alignment is good, changing the wheels will not alter it.

Infact I have to get my Hilux algigned with different wheels on because the tracking gear has issues with my 285/75/16 tyres :)

Changing the ride height will need a re alignment though, if you are being fussy (I always am)

Hi Sam,

See tracking is not just the front wheels these days, they now typically quote you for front and rears - more expense.

Had to smile when I saw your post about a rear bar, just visulised you screaming around the test track corners with a kiddy hanging out of each window !! :clap:

You seem to be splashing the cash on the old rolla - given up on a verso / avensis ?

Hi Sam,

See tracking is not just the front wheels these days, they now typically quote you for front and rears - more expense.

Had to smile when I saw your post about a rear bar, just visulised you screaming around the test track corners with a kiddy hanging out of each window !! :clap:

You seem to be splashing the cash on the old rolla - given up on a verso / avensis ?

HI

Hold on...i thought the Corollas require front tracking only ???

You joker, kiddys are always my 1st priority...

And yes the serch continues for the Verso or Avensis and when the right one comes along but hey it doesnt seem to so for now i'll be making the most of my rolla while i can...let me sort my wheels out and i'll put up some pics of her

Hi Sam,

Thats what I thought when I enquired about tracking last summer, when they said £40 for both front and rear.

You can align all three things on the fronts and rears, though as we both know it generally just a problem with steering tracking needs to get checked.

No idea how much a full alignment of all wheels and parameters costs, but why if there is not a problem ?

Think if different wheels and tyres needed such re alignments we would have read about it before now ..?

http://www.alignmyca...deo/HdWT_i5OqLA

Hi Sam,

Thats what I thought when I enquired about tracking last summer, when they said £40 for both front and rear.

You can align all three things on the fronts and rears, though as we both know it generally just a problem with steering tracking needs to get checked.

No idea how much a full alignment of all wheels and parameters costs, but why if there is not a problem ?

Think if different wheels and tyres needed such re alignments we would have read about it before now ..?

http://www.alignmyca...deo/HdWT_i5OqLA

My point EXACTLY !