Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aerial Base

mystic

So the carwash broke the base to the aerial, the part you screw in has been pulled out and the plastic split a little on the top. I need to replace it but a few questions, I assume the base is secured from underneath by a bolt, so it should be just remove the liner and undo it? Also whats the best option to replace it, i have been to a few breakers but turns out the RAV4 isnt a very popular scrap car. Most shop recommend going to a dealer but i don't like the dealer prices normally so that will be my last option. Also is there anything that may be a slight upgrade or boost to the signal, before my radio was limited to one or two stations and anything from a car pulling up beside me to a tree would distort the signal.

Cheers

Not had my Rav aerial base out yet.

If its anything like my Golf you will find it held on by one bolt and a complex RF amplifier in the base..

Usually you remove the back trim to the headliner and gently pull it down just enough to get a access. Be careful that you don't crease the headliner. Best to do it on a warm day when all the plastics etc are less likely to snap.

If its does have electronics in the base avoid the many cheap OEM chinese copies on eBay, I found them absolute rubbish.

It could be that the reason you have rubbish reception is water/corrosion has already eaten into the electronics, this is a very common problem in VW's.

Unfortunately, I think you need either to find one in a breakers or bite the bullet and buy genuine Toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links