Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed

SimonNI

I have a 2006 2lt D4D Avensis.

My problem is with the central locking.

I know you have 30 secs to open a door when unlocking with the remote key before the doors lock again. However my car still locks again after 30 secs if a rear door is opened first. There is no bother and it remains unlocked when the front doors or boot is opened first.

I have tried taking off the child locks but it still does the same.

Please help????

have you checked the door switches they might be knackered push it in while door is open and see if your interior light goes off? ya can check them with diagnostic test too.

I think you might be on to something. Just noticed tonight that interior light does not light when either back door is opened. Is this a trip to the dealer for new switches ? Sounds expensive.

have you tried taking it out and cleaning it sometimes stick with dirt.go to the scrappers and see if they have any....where you at simon?

dont know any scrappers up there...call traynors in belfast or armagh..

Check the owners manual. On either my previously owned Avensis or my previously owned Accord you had to open either the front doors or the boot. Opening the rear doors didn't affect it.

Thanks Frankie, I have bought parts from Traynors before for other cars and they are usually have good stock.

Thanks Alan, I read the manual and it just says side door or boot.