Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Iq Owner

kellyclarke

Hi

Am now an IQ owner! I passed my driving test in dec 2011 and had a car accident in 2012 which wrote off my very old corsa. I look forward to getting lots of lovely tips of how to make the most of my IQ, who I have called Douglas!

Kelly

Welcome to TOC Kelly and Douglas :)

Hello Kelly and welcome to the forum.

Don't forget to post some pictures of your iQ.

Hello Kelly :)

Enjoy the iQ and the greatness that it is. Pictures of Douglas would be good to see. :)

Craig.

Welcome. it is good to see some newbies coming along. Which iQ are you getting?

It's the standard IQ. 1.0l. Took it for a test drive and was amazed at how good it was. So glad I didn't go for the Fiat 500!

My wife also has a Yaris TSport 1.5. That's good fun to drive!

I just bought an IQ2 Auto in Dec. The engine was very tight when new but loosens up after 1500 miles, so don't worry if it seems a bit slow early doors! Agree - great fun car to drive, and seems to be as able on long runs as short hops.

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your IQ.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've done a week with my IQ and am blown away by it. It's comfy, economical and a head turner/conversation point in the office car park. So glad I chose it over a Fiat 500!

Hi and welcome to the the best iQ forum. Good decision with the iQ instead of the 500. My stepdaughter is being pushed into buying one by her partner because his Dad works for Fiat and can get a family discount on a new one... unfortunately she is turning to the dark side and edging toward getting a 500! I have tried to persuade her that there are many far better choices out there, dare I say it, like the VW Up! However, I've recommended the Skoda Citigo as it's cheaper than the VW, better than the SEAT, and all are better than the 500. What was it put you off the 500 if you don't mind me asking? No, she doesn't want the same car as her Mum drives, our iQ.

Cost was a factor! You don't get much for your money with the 500. And I like to be different, there are so many 500's around and you don't see many IQ's.

I did test drive a 500 before the IQ. And the difference was massive. So much better quality in the IQ.

This is exactly what I have said to her. Too many 500's on the road, as common as Audi, BMW, Merc's... They are a nice little car, but as you say, the iQ is superior in many ways. I also think, for someone downsizing from a bigger car, the iQ is easier to get on with, less of an adjustment.

Hi all, I have had my IQ for just over two weeks now and I'm loving it. Already bought the glove boxy thing, boot tidy and other little gadgets. Its the IQ 1.33 petrol in black with chrome wing mirrors, only mistake I have made so far is buying mud flaps off eBay, hubby doesnt think they will fit even though the eBay listing said Auris / IQ but hey ho. Hope to be a regular on here looking for tips and guids on how to jazz my little IQ up even more. :clap: :clap: :clap::toast:

Glad you loving it Ori!

If you haven't already read them, the instructions for fitting the mudflaps are in this Toyota publication:

just search for what you want by putting in "IQ" and then scroll down all the accessories to find mud flaps.You don't need to put in anything other than IQ for the initial search.

http://www.toyota-te...ecentdots=

John