Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Diff

mrbilly

If there is anyone out there with a 2002 rav4 petrol nrg could you look at your rear diff and see if it says lsd on it or any other rav which know they have rear lsd.

cheers

pic would be nice to see where the sticker is

I think your will be LSD. It seems the later ones with the round spot lights are not but they have traction control.

My XT3 doesn't have traction control or VSC, it was on the xt4 & 5.

Not that I am bothered it still goes where I point it.

Phil

From my 2002 brochure (yes it is sad keeping it) lsd is only on NRG and VX models.

apart from what the brochure says how do you know it has a rear lsd. apparently its supposed to have a sticker on it so the mechanic puts the right oil in it. is it possible for a photo of this.

thanks.

Stickers don't always fair well on a 10 year old rear axle Billy. Where have you seen two different spec's for oil?

There is a sticker forward from the driveshaft on the nearside but it doesn't mention anything about oil. Can't see another.

post-24182-0-87015900-1360323021_thumb.j

post-24182-0-09602000-1360323042_thumb.j

i was told by toyota that if its lsd it will have a sticker on the diff to tell the mechanic that it is lsd and only use lsd oil. so i guess yours does not have lsd either. even if you think it does according to the brochure.

Perhaps you could ask Mr T where the sticker is exactly then and I'll have a look. In the meantime here are a couple of scans from the 2002 brochure that you think are wrong. I'm not sure if you have the original manual so there are 2 more scans that may interest you. I can't see anywhere that Mr T differentiates (pun intended) between rear diff oil.

post-24182-0-88844500-1360348782_thumb.j

post-24182-0-93764500-1360348849_thumb.j

post-24182-0-23554300-1360348893_thumb.j

post-24182-0-16122900-1360348977_thumb.j

From my 2002 brochure (yes it is sad keeping it) lsd is only on NRG and VX models.

Not so sad, Paul. I've always made a point of keeping a copy of the brochure that was current to my car. It's nice & can come in useful.

Even more anal, this. I bought an X-reg (yr 2000) VFR 800 motorcycle last year. It was used in a group test by Bike magazine and when I bought it, it came with an original copy of the mag containing the test. Not a big deal but adds to the ownership experience.

Saddo Jim signing off........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links