Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Fob - Remote Locking Not Working But Blinking

cabbagey

Really strange problem with my remote locking key fob. When i'm near the car, the light on the key fob blinks about once a second. But the lock and unlock keys do not work (they do not lock or unlock the car doors). When i open the drivers door manually with the key, it sets the alarm off. Also the red light under the cigarette lighter is on constantly.

As it has worked fine for the past year, I thought the Battery on the fob was on it's way out, so went and replaced the Battery, but it made no difference - the same thing is still happening with the new Battery in the fob. I've also tried holding down both lock and unlock keys. It makes the the fob stop blinking when i'm next to the car, but doesn't change anything else.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Car is a 2005 vvt-i xt-r.

Are you saying that the light on the key is blinking without pressing any buttons on the fob?

With no buttons pressed the key should be dead and there should be no LED lighting without a button press. If it is I suspect that one of your buttons on the key is jammed down and constantly transmitting. These buttons can to go bad and you can get a repair service. I have used this company for key cases but they also do a the switches and a repair service.

He may also be worth emailing with details of your problem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/automobile-locksmith/m.html?item=330646461460&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Have you tried removing the Battery from this fob (in case its transmitting and jamming!!) and trying the spare fob ?

If the key needs re syncing, press and hold both buttons continuously until the car indicators answer back (may take 30 seconds).

Other than that, if you have any new shed or garage alarms, turn them off.

Thanks for the replies.

Are you saying that the light on the key is blinking without pressing any buttons on the fob?

With no buttons pressed the key should be dead and there should be no LED lighting without a button press. If it is I suspect that one of your buttons on the key is jammed down and constantly transmitting. These buttons can to go bad and you can get a repair service. I have used this company for key cases but they also do a the switches and a repair service.

He may also be worth emailing with details of your problem.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2562

Have you tried removing the battery from this fob (in case its transmitting and jamming!!) and trying the spare fob ?

I am away from the car (in my house) and the light on the key fob is not blinking. Then i press either the lock or unlock button, and the light on the fob starts blinking every second or so. It doesn't just light up when i hold either button, it just starts blinking for about 3 minutes. When i go near the car, the fob also starts blinking, without any of the buttons being pressed.

I have removed the Battery, as i originally thought the fob was buggering up because of the Battery being low, but a new Battery has made no difference. I only have one fob and the master key.

Thanks for the link though, may have look that up.

If the key needs re syncing, press and hold both buttons continuously until the car indicators answer back (may take 30 seconds).

Other than that, if you have any new shed or garage alarms, turn them off.

Haven't had any new garage or alarm locks, mind you the car is parked in a close with several other cars, so have no idea if anyone else has done something like that. Have tried holding down both buttons but not for that long. After about 15 seconds the indicators on the car flash and it sounds like it locks-unlocks-locks. After that, the fob stops blinking, but when i press the unlock button, it doesn't work.

Sounds like the fault is with the fob, I think the fob should only have power when a button is pressed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links