Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.otd Engine Problem

antony140487

hello i have a 98 2.0td toyota avensis, coolant started boiling recently i have since put a new thermostat, waterpump, and radiator in it and it is still boiling. the temperature hand sits at half ways on the normal working temperature never rises.i also checked the dipstick for a milky substance but it seems ok so the water isnt mixing with the oil and she isnt using any water there is no smoke coming from her and she never gets any abuse it is always looked after could it be that the water isnt properly bleed in the system we also took out the thermostat now and the temperature hand doesn't rise at all so wat could the problem be it is really puzzeling i really like this car and never had bother with it before i hope it is something simple??

did you change the radiator cap anthony, get it tested for head gasket at your local garage, could be a blockage somewhere. Is the heater good in the car?

did you change the radiator cap anthony, get it tested for head gasket at your local garage, could be a blockage somewhere. Is the heater good in the car?

no i never changed the cap?yes the heater is good.i mite buy the tester and do it myself would you know wat the pressure is suppose to be in cylinder ?