Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Diagnostic Screens

JohnD2

Hi. I've gathered from various postings that it is possible to view some technical attributes; eg the actual voltage of the '12 v battery'. I haven't been successful. I am listing my understanding of the procedure and would be grateful if anyone could point out any mistakes; or whether it doesn't apply to my model/year etc.

Press Park, engage parking brake. Press 'Start' without pressing footbrake, [Accessory mode?]. Press 'Display', [top left button]. Screen should now show word Display at top left of screen, with a 1 just below it, and a 2 much lower down. The procedure goes on but I don't want to complicate things. I cannot get the display screen to show the numbers 1 & 2. I would very much wish to avoid any procedure which involves swithching the headlights on/off quickly. T I A.

I don't recall any numbers being displayed although I admit it was some time ago. I think those numbers were added to the photo just to high-light the locations on the screen that should be pressed and the order of the (1) -> (2) sequence.

It's much easier to switch the headlights on and off 3 times quickly with the info button held pressed, the tap the screen method is a bit hit and miss IMO and switching the headlights on and off will probably get rid of any excess residual voltage that might give a spuriously high reading.

Success! Mostly due to T W. It would be just my luck to blow a headlamp bulb with turning them on/off quickly. This procedure has worked fine for me. Thanks again. J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links