Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dim Avensis Headlights

Dave Nibbo

I have hid 6000k 'china' as madmax call them. Drove many thousands miles with them during the night time and nobody has'nt flash on me becouse I blind them. Proper adjustment and everybody is happy. And also, there is a huge different between HIDs in projector style headlamps(like avensis) or older shapes civic's with classic headlamp. Hate the hids in these kind of type of headlamps as they realy dazzle oncoming traffic.

• 4 years later...

to put things Straight the design of the headlights are crap .i have had To cut the washer bottle as low as posssible. to accesse the headlight o/s it works,youcant now gettin the bulb outeasly. but Toyota never thought this out .if they did it means they dont care for thier customers. after the avensis Will never buy a Toyota again. 

46 minutes ago, Robert lark said:

to put things Straight the design of the headlights are crap .i have had To cut the washer bottle as low as posssible. to accesse the headlight o/s it works,youcant now gettin the bulb outeasly. but Toyota never thought this out .if they did it means they dont care for thier customers. after the avensis Will never buy a Toyota again. 

Not as bad as some Renaults, where the bumper has to be removed to replace the headlight bulbs, and there are quite a few other vehicles where the headlight and/or front grill need to be removed to replace the bulb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robert lark said:

Didn't have to do that on my 2007 (albeit not an easy replacement for me but some others seem to find it relatively easy) or my 2012 & the 2017 looks very simple indeed. Places like Halfords have lists of cars that they won't change bulbs on because it is too hard/time consuming for their normal charge - afaik the Avensis is not 1 of them.

I don't know when you bought your Avensis but considering that its a 14  year old car it has provided good service. I am sure that Toyota are quaking in their boots. :tongue:

I can agree that it is a bit tricky to change the bulbs, but I did it 2 weeks ago (boxingday I believe it was). It took me less than ½ an hour for both headlights. I agree with  Heidfirst and Frostyballs that there are many car models out there that is much worse to change lampbulbs on than the Avensis.

I guess I will keep on driving Toyota cars, even that I don't like the local workshop. They are too expensive, do bad jobs, test drive the car way too long after their works (about 30 km after doing work with the handbrakes and they are still not working properly).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links