Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Filter Where Is It

Deggs

Has this car a Petrol Filter, the Hayes manual says it has but I cannot find it nor can my Mechanic friend??

So does this not need replacing if full of crap? after 11 years of driving

HI

Nope...these cars are designed with a built in fuel filter for life...i can't understand why they do this...However as you bought the topic up... ...

A fellow friend of a mechanic suggested that it would be a GOOD IDEA to fit my own fuel filter...suggested where you can see the fuel pipe to the engine (bonnet up looking straight @ the engine...just to the rear you'll see the fuel pipe going to the engine) he suggested cutting it and then sticking a fuel filter in bewtween with some of those clip thingys to secure it...recons it would filter the fuel perfectly before it goes into the engine...

So what do ya all think of that idea????????????????/

:fox:

Hey Sam,

Have you heard of anyone having problems with the fuel injection system getting blocked up with muck ? - me neither, so it would seem the inbuilt filter is doing its job, partic as all rollas in the UK are at least 6 years old now.

All I can see happening is that the built filter could become blocked and then needs removing to be cleaned or replaced; so cannot really see the point of adding a second filter, just a more likely source of leaking joints

Hey Sam,

Have you heard of anyone having problems with the fuel injection system getting blocked up with muck ? - me neither, so it would seem the inbuilt filter is doing its job, partic as all rollas in the UK are at least 6 years old now.

All I can see happening is that the built filter could become blocked and then needs removing to be cleaned or replaced; so cannot really see the point of adding a second filter, just a more likely source of leaking joints

TRUE SAY...however can one remove the filter if one wished to clean it maybe...i don't believe one can...i heard its moulded to the inside of the tank...now if you've ever had the pleasure to take apart a fuel filter...i remember doing it to my old Micra after it did approx 2000miles...it was pretty dirty...so it makes me wonder what our built fuel filter must look like after all these years...and whats so special about it that it never needs replacing!

Hi Sam,

The filter appears to be part of the whole removable fuel pump unit - see pic.

Its from the 2004 Corolla service manual - there is a link in some post to the manual but cannot find it now , I downloaded it mid november last year so will be on a post round about there I think - the pdf is too big to post at 35mb

post-95973-0-50464000-1360500362_thumb.j

Pleased I started this topic, we even have a diagram...I use a fuel additive every 6 months to remove any nasty's in the tank. I was just curious as I do my own servicing and people always ask me if I have changed the Fuel filter as part of the service and despite crawling all over the engine I was unable to find it, also eBay always has filters on their site for the 2001 model corolla?????Thanks to every one who has contributed to this topic.Deggs

Hi Sam,

The filter appears to be part of the whole removable fuel pump unit - see pic.

Its from the 2004 Corolla service manual - there is a link in some post to the manual but cannot find it now , I downloaded it mid november last year so will be on a post round about there I think - the pdf is too big to post at 35mb

Interesting stuff Oldcodger...just run it by us...where exactly do i find my fuel pump so that i may...DISMANTLE it...bet your thinking...why the hell would you wana do that sammy if all is okay...just curious...i'm assuming its in the tank which can only be located by removing the rear seat bench and it should be at the top going in some place???

:flowers:

Hi Sam / Deggs

Here is a link to that manual I mentioned, its original link is somewhere in this forum but cannot find it.

Will leave this link open for a day of so for you to download it.

https://dl.dropbox.c...rvice Manual.7z

Keep it as a folder then you click on it, it opens the pdf menu , then click on the appropriate section.

Not sure exactly which rolla it is as some things do seems different to our UK models

Sam,

Am getting worried about you......

you want to take out the petrol pump just to see whats its like :blowup:

and the other post your are saying Bosch batteries are sexy ? :doctor:

L.O.L...Maybe you're right...worry about myself too...curiosity kills me @ times...and hey having trouble downloading your file for some reason???

Sam....................If it aint broke, dont fix it ;)

We see thousands of petrol cars through the doors, I cant remember ever seeing one in recent years with a fuel starvation problem due to the filter being clogged............diesel on the other hand is a different matter

Kingo :thumbsup:

If the filter is designed to last long time, what is the longest it will last?????

How long is a piece of string?

It would depend on many factors, such as the quality of fuel used etc but suffice to say it should last as long as the car

Kingo :thumbsup:

Spoke to a mechanic at work, if you use a fuel additive regularly it brakes down the impurities in the fuel and helps to keep the filter cleaner? thus lasting much longer and keeping the jets atomising the fuel more efficiently, WOW

• 8 years later...
On 2/12/2013 at 8:18 AM, oldcodger said:

Hi Sam / Deggs

Here is a link to that manual I mentioned, its original link is somewhere in this forum but cannot find it.

Will leave this link open for a day of so for you to download it.

https://dl.dropbox.c...rvice Manual.7z

Keep it as a folder then you click on it, it opens the pdf menu , then click on the appropriate section.

Not sure exactly which rolla it is as some things do seems different to our UK models

Sam,

Am getting worried about you......

you want to take out the petrol pump just to see whats its like :blowup:

and the other post your are saying Bosch batteries are sexy ? :doctor:

Hi oldcodger, 

I have a 97’ Starlet and am chasing rear wheel axle torque values (wheel bearing change). Would you share the Corolla workshop manual with me? 

Cheers,

Daphney 

6 hours ago, Daphney said:

Hi oldcodger, 

I have a 97’ Starlet and am chasing rear wheel axle torque values (wheel bearing change). Would you share the Corolla workshop manual with me? 

Cheers,

Daphney 

Hi,

Do not have anything for your model, no idea if our later Corollas  use the same rear axle set up and torque settings ?

From the Haynes Corolla manual for the 2002 onwards, it states  -

Axle Mounting nuts/bolts   85 nm  63 lbs ft  

Hub and bearng assembly to Axle   56nm   41 ibs ft

hth ?

27 - Rear Suspension.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links