Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towbar

Well got a towbar fitted today, meant to fit it it a year ago :) now on the lookout for a newish trailer, any tips?

Gus

Hi Gus,

what sort of trailer are you looking for ( size + capacity + tipping/non-tipping )? Is it just for the runs to the local recycling site or for taking the camping gear ( mother-in-law? ) on holiday?

I like Batesons or Ifor Williams. You can get much cheaper though.

.....go for the cheaper wans, Gus min.....it's only to transport your mobility scooter on holidays.

The Daxara 147 is great for camping (as in photo) trips to the skip, collecting from stores ..like IKEA, carrying stone, soil..etc as it has a built in tipping feature! Owned this for 7 years now and its never let me down..never even had to change a tyre! The Rav has no problem pulling it as did the CRV before! If loaded correctly ie..weight distributed in the correct way it proves to be very stable indeed!

Hope this helps....Steve

post-115478-0-23456300-1360535561_thumb.

Pat yursell on the back, Stevey boy....darn smart rig that (stonking Rav especially.)

Big Kev

Pat yursell on the back, Stevey boy....darn smart rig that (stonking Rav especially.)

Big Kev

Cheers BK, to be honest it looks even better now as I've put the factory side bars back on after some good advice read on this site!

Steve

PS: BTW your Rav in the picture looks fantastic! love those wheels and that colour!! :drool:

Why had you removed the bars Steve? And what advice swayed you to put them back on?

I have a similar set up to the Daxara - an ERDE 142 with custom made wooden lid that has a carbon fibre roof box attached!! Works wonders for camping trips!!

Lee

Why had you removed the bars Steve? And what advice swayed you to put them back on?

I have a similar set up to the Daxara - an ERDE 142 with custom made wooden lid that has a carbon fibre roof box attached!! Works wonders for camping trips!!

Lee

Yes I've seen those lids Lee, they look realy good and more important they are practical!

Well I took my side steps/bars off because my local garage did not have the correct ramps to lift the car for service..etc! I had asked on here if the job was easy and people wondered why I was taking them off cos they realy are good as acting as a mud guard for the sills on the car..etc! It was only after they had been off for a short while that I realised that what people had said was correct and even in my photo you can see a long mud splash along the sills and lower doors! This has stopped since they went back on! To be honest I was also missing the looks cos its a fact that the car just looks more chunky and better with them on!

BTW, the ERDE 142 is the same trailer as the 147? must be a bit of a tax dodge!

Steve

Aaaah I see. Before I fitted mudflaps my side sills used to get very mucky on top but since the mudflaps they stay so much cleaner. The lid isn't one of those fibreglass ones tho. I made a plywood one. The downside is that it needs two people to lift it off but there are many plus sides. Eg. It all locks to the trailer for securing the contents but lifts off to be used for trips to the tip etc. I'll see if I have a photo and upload one to show you.

Thanks Chris, you gave me some questions to ask myself!

I was looking at the Daxara 148.2 (new since the regulations changed last October) but trying to work out the difference between the erde range and the daxara (same company).

I was going to spec the daxara with the lockable GRP lid to give it some protection.

There is a 127 which is on offer at a local company but looks tiny next to the Rav

Wow Dave I agree - that really is a decent box trailer. :thumbsup: - Nice Rav too!!

The one I first showed however was my "little" trailer.......

My other "bigger" one has a lump of fiberglass which floats off and I can Wakeboard behind!! :boat:

post-105906-0-85810500-1360882469_thumb.

We are well overdue for a VERY HOT summer!!!!!!!!

Sorry boys but iI think 'mine is bigger than yours' !! :eek:

The grey one is my weekend one and the BIG red one is my daily drive!!

Steve

post-115478-0-26267300-1360898881_thumb.

post-115478-0-63266500-1360899046_thumb.

See those fixed roof bars on Webbler's totally manky Rav.......? I have a pair of them in stock, totally unused and unwanted, still in box, brand spankful new. Anybody interested send me a PM.

See those fixed roof bars on Webbler's totally manky Rav.......? I have a pair of them in stock, totally unused and unwanted, still in box, brand spankful new. Anybody interested send me a PM.

Oi.... she got a clean not too longer afterwards... let me remind you.....

CleanRav1-lrg.jpg

CleanRav2-lrg.jpg

CleanRav3-lrg.jpg

CleanRav4-lrg.jpg

Those vandals around your way are a bunch of ***** painting over your licence plate like that! All joking to one side, that is one nice shine you've achieved there Dave...what materials did you use to produce that type of finish?

TIA...Steve

Steve,

Just basic stuff. So washed with turtle wax car wash stuff, dried then polished with AutoGlym.

Oh and a whole lot of elbow grease!

Steve,

Just basic stuff. So washed with turtle wax car wash stuff, dried then polished with AutoGlym.

Ah offered to hire him machine polisher at 1gbp/month....tried to get me down to 50p......lives in Edingburgh......

Steve,

Cheers mate, I'll get the wife to do that 'elbow grease' stuff!!

Steve

KevMin. That polisher is a few months older now and been sitting over the winter... you should be paying me to take it off you for a while!!

Keith. now you mention it, i clayed the bonnet and front wings.

and he wont be needing it a while longer either Webblers........he has pulled summat and taken to his bedbed :naughty: so he tells me :lol: