Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Yaris Sr Remapping

IrishRob

Hi, I am thinking of having my Yaris SR remapped and im wondering has anybody had it done? or what are the opinions on whether its worth doing or not? Thanks everybody.

Can you remap a normally aspirated car and expect any sort of gain? I thought re-mapping only had any real benefit in cars fitted with a turbo.

If you want to squeeze a few more horses out of it you'd be better off trying to get it to breathe better, so look into air filters and exhausts. However, you're still only looking at slight gains, nothing significant.

I duno really iv never had it done to any cars and spoke to a few people and got a wide cross section of answers from people who have had it done petrol heads who know alot more than me so I figured I ask on hear and see if it had been done before.

Iv Fitted a KnN induction kit and had the exhaust done both made a noticable improvement, a couple of people have said to me that a remap would allow the engine to work better with these mods but I do believe in doing my research.

I believe the diesel can be remapped/chipped, in fact someone on here has had one done. I doubt you can do much with the petrol engine without it costing big money.

Pete.

figures have shown that by fitting a k&n filter and a performance exhaust can lower bhp without having it remapped, granted you do feel a difference to the performance of the car as its breathing more freely but like i said to get the gain people say you should get (15-25bhp) will need to be mapped.

i remember a series of 5th gear where they tried this out on a mgzr and they lost 10bhp then had it mapped and got 26bhp back, so went from 105 to 131bhp, i found that fitting a panel filter and a cold air induction pipe worked better and could feel the vvt working well.

if im right in saying the toyota ecu is locked out and would have to be sent away to have it chipped then mapped (just what i was told with my auris)

It defnitly does pull better since iv fitted the induction kit, I will keep looking into it but if the ecu is locked and needs to go to toyota then it could be alot more cost than its worth.

it doesnt have to go t toyota as they wont do it, there is companies on the net who will sort this out for you, i had a price for my auris and they quoted me 450 to have it mapped