Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I Or Don't I

Fizzbang

Just had my warranty extension quote through at £565 on a 2008 XTR Diesel RAV.

I know if i take it..nothing will happen on the RAV for a year..but if I don't, it will inevitably go wrong...so, tricky.

Any thoughts anyone?

I know if i take it..nothing will happen on the RAV for a year..but if I don't, it will inevitably go wrong...so, tricky.

Any thoughts anyone?

I remember when I first took the extended warranty on our 02 RAV, in 2005. A week later the EMS light came on, two of the sensors had to be replaced - no charge. I was in credit straight off.

We took out a Mazda extended warranty on a Premacy when it reached its 3rd birthday. 450 pounds. 7 months into the extension, the drivers airbag warning light came on. The airbag needed replacing - 750 pounds for the airbag module plus fitting.

Had another Mazda extended warranty on the Premacy's replacement - Mazda 2. No warranty repairs needed at all during the warranty extension. Worth having the extended warranty though for peace of mind.

Any thoughts anyone?

Just over a pound a day, David, for some extra peace of mind.....? You will need to flip a coin on that one, mate, and no "best of three" allowed. The 5 year warranty on mine was a major decision maker. £565.00 sounds like a fair hike to more recent years, and should anything go wrong on that engine, you are covered anyway.

Big Kev

I feel that these warranties are betting against yourself....

The Rav4 suffers very few problems .. So why spend so much money on something you are unlikely to use ? As Kev says your engine is covered anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

I had a much better deal by taking it out for two years than one year at a time - might be worth checking this out now if you are planning on keeping your RAV for two more years.

BUT it may not be a Toyota one you have as I thought they only would extend the original three year warranty for a max of a another two years., which I did.

Guy

I had a much better deal by taking it out for two years than one year at a time - might be worth checking this out now if you are planning on keeping your RAV for two more years.

BUT it may not be a Toyota one you have as I thought they only would extend the original three year warranty for a max of a another two years., which I did.

Guy

When I bought the 54-reg 3-dr in May '11 from Mr.T I got one of Toyota's 12 month warranties in the deal, c/w Club Toyota. About 2 months later, I got a call from Toyota GB asking if I wanted to extend the warranty for a further 12 months, i.e. to May 2013. I did so.

I've only had a broken coil spring and a duff shock replaced under the warranty, so the cover's been worthwhile. However what is more interesting (and comforting for Toyota owners) is the fact that Toyota have the confidence to offer their full warranty on a 9-year old car. It says a lot about their faith in their product.

I'm half hoping they'll call before May with the offer of another year - bit unlikely though.