Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turn Signal Flasher Unit On Toyota Corolla Tspirit 2004 Hatchback

saghersalim

Does anyone know where the turn signal flasher unit is located on toyota Corolla 2004? I'll be very grateful for the information. I need to replace one.

Thanks

Regards

Hi,

On the standard rollas its located behind the driver side storage drawer.

Just pull / unclip it to reveal the electrics, the flasher is the large relay shaped item at the bottom right hand side.

Thanks Oldcodger for your speedy response.

Is it just a case uncliping /pulling the fascia to reveal the electric. Do you think its fairly easy to do or is it something need to take it to a meachanics?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Assume your TS has the same pull down to open little storage box to the right of the steering column, just to the right of the ignition switch.

Just open it, then pull it up to unclick it from its two retainers.

Have never tried to remove the flasher unit, but expect it should just pull out, but it may have some form of retainer that you have to press to allow it to come out. Put a mark on it before you remove it so you know which way is top.

A good torch will help.

Many thanks oldcodger for your precise advice. It was exactly as you suggested just behind the little storage box. It was very helpful.

There was two relays one is white 2inch by 1inch (saying Flasher DENSO 12.8v) and the other is black 1.5 inch by one inch Relay Denso. I'm not sure which one is for Turn signal lights. When I pulled out the Flasher (white one), hazard lights has stopped working.

I'm not sure if white flasher is for both hazard and turn signals Or whether the black one is for turn signal.

he original problem was that my hazards lights were working but the turn signals were not. Turn signal switch and all fuses were ok too.

Any help would be appreciated regarding thee flasher for turn signals.

Hi,

Sorry, cannot help you more than I said.

All the manual shows is two similar sized relays in the middle of that area and the flasher one is to the extreme right hand bottom of the opening, also looks set deeper than the others, its about 2-3 time the size of the other two.

Again your TS might have more / different relays to the standard rolla manual.

Thanks for your help -

All your help has been spot on. The flasher unit whichI have removed was the most right hand side.

I have now managed to find information from the internet about this relay using its part numbner and it is the correct one. Will update once Ihave replaced it.

Thank you very much again.

Hi,

I have now managed to fix the problem. One of the resistor inside the flasher relay unit had popped due to some mositure getting inside.

Replaced the damaged resistor and it all works fine now.

Thanks again for all your help, it was very valueable.