Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's Have A Ravers Meet?

blue monster

Greetings all :toot:

This has been suggested previously but more around Christmas than an any time meet as such.

So, what I am suggesting is a meet :meet: / get together / drink :cheers: / eat / chinwag / stop over at some point later in the year when the weather is better and this way it gives everyone advance notice & chance to plan for it. And, more importantly it gives everyone an opportunity to meet up & put faces to names as I know that a number of people on here have helped me out and I would like to meet up with them personally to say thanks :thumbsup:

At this point in time I am open to suggestions as to exactly where to meet but was thinking somewhere central so that people don't have to do a 9 hour drive to get there. Also, I know from previous experience with organising events such as this, you will never get a date to suit everyone.

With that in mind I am currently proposing one of the bank holidays in May so that it will give most people an extra day to recover before going back to work :P.

Ideally want to get a location agreed by the end of February if this is going to happen & then I can see if we can get group discount, etc for all staying at the same place.

Please feel free to add your comments / thoughts / suggestions

Cheers

Martin

Greetings all :toot:

This has been suggested previously but more around Christmas than an any time meet as such.

So, what I am suggesting is a meet :meet: / get together / drink :cheers: / eat / chinwag / stop over at some point later in the year when the weather is better and this way it gives everyone advance notice & chance to plan for it. And, more importantly it gives everyone an opportunity to meet up & put faces to names as I know that a number of people on here have helped me out and I would like to meet up with them personally to say thanks :thumbsup:

At this point in time I am open to suggestions as to exactly where to meet but was thinking somewhere central so that people don't have to do a 9 hour drive to get there. Also, I know from previous experience with organising events such as this, you will never get a date to suit everyone.

With that in mind I am currently proposing one of the bank holidays in May so that it will give most people an extra day to recover before going back to work :P.

Ideally want to get a location agreed by the end of February if this is going to happen & then I can see if we can get group discount, etc for all staying at the same place.

Please feel free to add your comments / thoughts / suggestions

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

I'm up for it! The last time the subject of a RAV4 meet was raised on here I suggested a session on a skid-pan near York. At the time ( two or three years ago ) I hadn't had the opportunity to drive the RAV in snow and wanted some advance experience of what it would be like. I've now had that experience ( maybe another one tomorrow? ) but would still like to try it on a skid-pan just to find out what upset's it as I haven't managed to find anything that will yet.

There is also something like this:

dhf.jpg

Donington Historic Festival - Donington Park, May 3rd, 4th and 5th 2013

Donington Park has seen many unforgettable racing moments over the decades and, for 2013, the Festival is celebrating two particularly iconic ones; the 30th anniversary of the first time the late, great Ayrton Senna got behind the wheel of an F1 car, and the 20th anniversary of his extraordinary display of mastery over the rain in the 1993 European Grand Prix. This tribute to Senna, combined with the close-fought and exhilarating competition out on the track – with over 400 historic racing cars, spanning seven decades – looks set to prove a big draw for classic car enthusiasts from across the UK and internationally. This is the first time that the Festival has been held over three days. On each day of the Festival gates open at 07.30am and the circuit activity starts at 9am, finishing at around 6pm on the Friday, 7.30pm on the Saturday and 6pm on the Sunday.

Racing will take place mainly on the Saturday and Sunday, with qualifying taking place mostly on the Friday. The provisional timetable will be announced early in 2013. Members of car clubs registered to attend the event benefit from a two-for-one ticket offer on advance tickets when they quote their unique club code at time of booking (deadline Friday, April 19th), and will receive one infield pass for every pair of tickets they buy, allowing them to join the other cars on display in their club's dedicated infield parking area, to create a fantastic exhibit for all spectators to enjoy. www.doningtonhistoric.com

Cumbernauld / Stepps area much better.......

People back into your car round there.

York is good for me too. Have a brew with Chris :flowers:

BTW I'm not !Removed! but I can't be bothered routing for a normal smiley so the one with the flower will have to do!

Do we get that Cumbernauld sausage for lunch? Does it have horse shoes in it? :horse: ;)

.......... Have a brew with Chris :flowers:

Anytime you are in the area you'll be more than welcome!

Do we get that Cumbernauld sausage for lunch? Does it have horse shoes in it? :horse: ;)

Neigh lad....without sat nav, you would never Findus anyway....ah made that up.....we could all burger off to the races at Ayr.....that's the mane jokes finished.

Neigh lad....without sat nav, you would never Findus anyway....ah made that up.....we could all burger off to the races at Ayr.....that's the mane jokes finished.

Crackin' looking motor on your avatar Kev!

And would there be a chance of a meet for us soft southerners! Poor old retired folk who can't afford the fuel to drive "up North"! It would be nice to put faces to names.

And would there be a chance of a meet for us soft southerners! Poor old retired folk who can't afford the fuel to drive "up North"! It would be nice to put faces to names.

My initial thought was to try and do something to cater for all, hence looking at something mid country as there are a number of members on here that wear skirts with their socks up around their knees :naughty: who would have to travel south in addition to those of you down saaarf having to travel north :P

I won't be offended if someone wants to sort a meet for those of you south of Brum and I'll sort the one for us Northerners :thumbsup:

Crackin' looking motor on your avatar Kev!

Stole it from the land that stole so much of our land, Chris....."INTEREST FREE" up here means not interested in paying.....!!!!

My initial thought was to try and do something to cater for all, hence looking at something mid country as there are a number of members on here that wear skirts with their socks up around their knees :naughty: who would have to travel south in addition to those of you down saaarf having to travel north :P

I won't be offended if someone wants to sort a meet for those of you south of Brum and I'll sort the one for us Northerners :thumbsup:

Nah Marts min....we can travel.....can Bothy have his own.....hotel?

No problem Martin, and I think it is good of you to put the idea forward. My old bike club has many regional meetings, and although I wouldn't suggest that was a future idea, small things spring from good ideas! Best of luck, Ainsley, :clap:

Wasn't there one some years ago in the Cheshire area at a hotel? Someone will remember I'm sure.

My suggestion is Kev's house! I understand he does good bacon and sausage sarnies plus there is a good obstacle course to get there, round the wheelie bins :)

Gus

Watch out for the scream and the Linford Christie impersonation. It means you are getting New Zealand toast - all black.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't there one some years ago in the Cheshire area at a hotel? Someone will remember I'm sure.

Yes......In Warrington, suits me, 20 minutes away :lol:

I will bring a set of golf balls as a prize draw :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yes......In Warrington, suits me, 20 minutes away :lol:

I will bring a set of golf balls as a prize draw :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yea, I'd second Warrington as a central-ish location. And with the advantage that it's only half-an-hour up the M6.

Lazy sods ,R Us...............

They did us a special rate at the hotel for those that wanted a meal and a drink. These pics were taken there. Bothy had his beast on display there.

RAVmeet1.jpg

RAVmeet2.jpg