Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.4 Feedback.

silly sausage

The long awaited 'New Model' will be appearing in showrooms from next weekend, I'm looking forward to having a look at one and thought it might be an idea to start a like, dislike and 'thoughts' thread as I'm sure several other members will be scrutinising one. The Toyota website now has much more information, minus a 'configure' feature. A well equipped Invincible model will cost circa 30k which still seems competitive when you look at the competition, particularly the Land Rovers.

Look at the what's - sorry communication break down ;-)

Quite like the look of the new side steps.

Well they have a Decuma Grey one at RRG Macclesfield. A very good friend has ordered one for early March so I will post up some decent photos soon.

I have been invited by RRG to go and play so may do just that this weekend. Not buying one though. Honest. Not taking the credit cards even. In any case it would be mighty uncomfortable sitting on those new seats after have my crown jewels removed with a bread knife.

Configurator is now active.

icon looks best value to me.

With spare wheel acoming looks v good.

Shame xenons are not available.

Seems a little pricey and the Invincible is less equipped than the old top spec models it would appear (xt5, SR).

For example, the touch and go appears to be a cost option whereas it was standard before on top spec trim.

Not convinced on the looks yet either. Will reserve final judgement for after seeing one in the flesh...

newrav_zps370682b2.png

Good point made by Anchorhim that the roof rails may give an extra impression of height, so making it look less of what some are worried about.....an estate car. Without them, it may indeed appear a wee bit low. When that dashboard is finally accepted by my limited brain, I must give it aesthetically the thumbs up.For those who currently are able to garage theirs, get out yer measuring tape.....nearly 10" longer may cause some logistical fun. As far as 750 sovereign pieces for the Touch n Go Nat Sav......ooyah !!!

Utterly dead brill tail lift, and according to my measuring tape eyes, full size spare will pretty nearly fit under floor. The full length plastic side sills are a wee bit CRVish, but I would be disguising them with premium side rails anyways.

Saul furnoo,

Gerry May Clark's Son

Here are my/our thoughts on the new Rav 4.4 taken from another post.

Well we went along earlier to have a look at the new Rav and blimey its big :eek: but what a lovely looking motor it is,inside and out..

They had the Invincible model on show,the demo one hadn't arrived yet so didn't get a chance to have a drive.

Love the interior including the dashboard, the padded leather was nice and was the colour we would have chosen,the black and dark grey style.

The tailgate is a lot betterup and out the way,but as as been said it is more car like and we was surprised how much more different it did feel like and look like a normal car.

Only downside for us, from just having a look,was the size of it.Mrs P isn't so keen now and it won't fit in our garage.

There was a 2012 Rav parked on the forecourt just outside and we could compare the two and in the end we still both decided we like the old Rav.

So i think if we are ever in a position to have another Rav it will be the older style 2012 version.

Went for a look today..

All this talk of reduced height ? I'm 6.4 so leant gently against the side of the new car and it touches me in exactly the same place as the old car... OK no precision there but I wasn't going going in with a tape measure !

But the car is much longer or it definitely looks much much longer..

Space inside is far superior to the old car with the boot considerably bigger and rear seat space far better than before.. I think we have to remember how just a few inches can make a seemingly massive difference.

Looks wise there can be no doubt that Toyota have softened the look and it does now look more svelte estate car than hard off roader like the old car..

I cant say for sure if I like it more than the old car.. Many will Many wont but the car has lost its identity now and looks like an oversized Auris IMHO.

Cabin in the Icon is ok but no cigar.. I like the dash but the clocks look very cheap indeed. Seats were very nice and well proportioned but lack the depth and feel of the outgoing chairs.. They just dont quite do it for me in Icon spec and I hope the Invincible with full leather will hand that but back...

Invincible will come with sunroof as standard but a huge premium for Touch and go which on a car of this spec should be a standard item...

First impressions are that it is a well thought out nice car... A recently departed friend once said when we were looking at a new model bike that a car or bike has to make the hairs on the back of yer neck stand up !! It didnt..........

Edited to add that having looked at the brochure and price list it seems the salesman's claims that the sunroof is standard on the invincible is not correct..

So at well over 30K for the Invincible AWD Automatic its one hell of a price........MMmmmmm

Seems a little pricey and the Invincible is less equipped than the old top spec models it would appear (xt5, SR).

For example, the touch and go appears to be a cost option whereas it was standard before on top spec trim.

Not convinced on the looks yet either. Will reserve final judgement for after seeing one in the flesh...

newrav_zps370682b2.png

How much! Think it could be a Tiquan for me.

Snotta secret.....in October last year I paid just over 26kgbp for a Run Out SR......Touch 'n' Go fitted, mudflaps, premium side steps, carpet mats.....starting to look like bargain of the year, que......? But.......4.4. growing on me.

Snotta secret.....in October last year I paid just over 26kgbp for a Run Out SR......Touch 'n' Go fitted, mudflaps, premium side steps, carpet mats.....starting to look like bargain of the year, que......? But.......4.4. growing on me.l

I paid basically that for my xtr with the premium pack steps, front guard etc.. and the touch and go fitted. I didn't want the Sr as i wanted a manual transmission.

The one in the screen grab is speccd to be as close to mine as I could to get a comparison.

It does seem somewhat more pricey but if it is a bigger car then maybe thats acceptable.

...and unless you are in the lucky minority that can buy one outright, it gets more expensive when you factor in the 5% apr for the finance compared to zero before.

I did a quick quote on the car I configured and the same deposit and terms came out with a monthly figure almost £100 mire than I pay at present and a very similar gmfv.

Forgot the 0% finance, Ben min....even more attractful.....

There is no such thing as free finance.. Its there in the price somewhere ...

I cant for the life of me work that !Removed! configurator ! Gets as far as model and colour then goes no further....

Matters not the cost by the time all things are added must be up between 34 to 35K......................

Been driving the ' New Rav ' for the last couple of weeks also fitting the ' Style' kits to 180 of them.

I prefer the drive of the 4x4 (2.2) to the 4x2 (2.0) it just feels more solid,the 4x2 feels more Verso like.

Bigger boot and more legroom in the back,like the electronic lift up tailgate.

I think I will have a look at one tomorrow. I may be surprised but my present thoughts are that I prefer the 4.3 model...if so it will save a lot of £s !!

David

There is no such thing as free finance.. Its there in the price somewhere ...

I cant for the life of me work that !Removed! configurator ! Gets as far as model and colour then goes no further....

Matters not the cost by the time all things are added must be up between 34 to 35K......................

Hi Charlie,

Re Configurator, I was confused at the start since it doesn't have a "continue" button to take you to next screen, like the old one did.

Once you've selected model/colour, go down the page a bit and there are a row of hot buttons for engine, options & accessories. You simply click on each in turn. As you select, the summary on the top right alters.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Jim.. When I hit those buttons nothing happened .. Will try again later..

Make sure that you hit the "selected" button under the model that you want. If you don't, the other three buttons won't work. Then, when you click on "engine", it should give you the options underneath the button bar. Again, if you don't select an engine option you can't proceed.

Good luck,

Jim

Make sure that you hit the "selected" button under the model that you want. If you don't, the other three buttons won't work. Then, when you click on "engine", it should give you the options underneath the button bar. Again, if you don't select an engine option you can't proceed.

Good luck,

Jim

Thanks Jim !

If I configure to the same specification as my old T180 with all the very same options the total On The Road price is......£34055.00

Good luck,

Jim

Thanks Jim !

If I configure to the same specification as my old T180 with all the very same options the total On The Road price is......£34055.00

OUCH!!!

That's a hefty chunk of change for a Rav4!

I think I would be looking at a Q5 with the 3.0 tdi for a little bit more money if I was in the market for that kind of expenditure. I like the idea of 0-60 in 6.5 sec and still close to 50 mpg...

photo_zps3cf81b9e.png

Watched my GP in his shiny new Q5 two years ago in the snow......doing from 0 to standstill in 7 seconds (maybe longer).....all four wheels spinning in perfect unison in the ice and compacted snow. Maybe just a one off, but it happened.......

Big Kev

Good luck,

Jim

Thanks Jim !

OUCH!!!

I think I would be looking at a Q5 with the 3.0 tdi for a little bit more money if I was in the market for that kind of expenditure. I like the idea of 0-60 in 6.5 sec and still close to 50 mpg...

photo_zps3cf81b9e.png

I think if you specced the Q5 to the same level as I specced the RAV it would be mind blowing price wise.....

Good luck,

Jim

Thanks Jim !

OUCH!!!

photo_zps3cf81b9e.png

I think if you specced the Q5 to the same level as I specced the RAV it would be mind blowing price wise.....

Agreed, but I can't help but keep thinking about that 3.0 engine and the fact that the Rav is now severely underpowered compared to its competitors, especially at that price point.

My old man picks up a Q5 (that's why its been on my radar lately) on March 1st so I will do a comparison.

I think it is a shade over £40k so probably matches your "mind blowing spec". Be interesting to see what you get extra for another £7-8k...

I hate to say it and I'm not being critical but the 2.2 engine carried over from the 4.3 is old hat now and in comparison to the best diesel engines out there its numbers are simply not good enough.. But that's what we are getting ..

I said before that maybe when a facelift version comes out in likely 2 to 3 years with a bang up to date engine then the car will be more of a viable proposition..

I do feel Ben's comparison with the Q5 is very fair ! The older 3.0 Audi diesel is/was a stormer and now with the Bi turbo one its going to be a very hard act to follow...

I'm not saying the 2..2 engine is carp far from it. But its an old lump now and way off the pace with both power and consumption..

I saw the car today, and was impressed with the general finish. It has to be said that there are much better diesels out there and the revues, so far are mixed. But until it can be driven, and compared to the other rivals in the sector, keep an open mind. Personally, I am more tempted with a high spec, nearly new X3, for similar money to a new 4.4. I tried a Q5 some time ago, an was disappointed with the car, especially the price! But for less money, I still like the Yeti!