Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.4 Feedback.

silly sausage

Even if I did that by accident I would never forgive myself. I might pimp somebody's Land Rover though.

Even if I did that by accident I would never forgive myself. I might pimp somebody's Land Rover though.

Land Rovers are just modern day penny fart things then.....?

Had a brief look at one today - top of the range Invincible.

First thoughts/observations:

Certainly roomy in cabin and lift tailgaite makes the load area far more accessible though I suspect Big Kev would have to stand on tippytoes to reach the close button and that Wee Charlie may well crack his skull on the corner every now and then. Has a memory function for two opening heights so it doesnt hit the garage roof - so long as you remember which setting it's on. Extra length really increases the load space.

Rear seats do not slide forward/back and no seat release in the bootal area. Seats comfortable and good adjustment making it easier to find a convenient driving position. The leather is soft but appears VERY thin.

Dash is OK but some switches difficult to locate. Plastics appear same as 4.3 - hard and easy to scratch.

Plastic 'skirt' on exterior appears to be a great dirt trap in the wheel arch area.

Exterior styling - well too homogenous for me. Seems to have lost the distinctive RAV look. I doubt most folk would be able to identify it as a RAV without a second look.

I believe I mentioned previously that I suspect it will become a family favourite 'Load lugger' and that opinion hasn't changed having seen one in the metal.

RRG had one in the showroom where you can compare it with the rest of the range. There is no doubt that iot has the current family look. Right from the Yaris up, it is recogniseable.

Whether it is the best family look is debatable I suppose but I certainly prefer it to the "gaping mouth" look of Ford and Peugeot.

RRG had one in the showroom where you can compare it with the rest of the range. There is no doubt that iot has the current family look. Right from the Yaris up, it is recogniseable.

Whether it is the best family look is debatable I suppose but I certainly prefer it to the "gaping mouth" look of Ford and Peugeot.

But Fords and Peugeots don't have Audi's God-awful bloated Brazilian stuck on the front masquerading as a grille!!

Overall I have to say I like it. Couple niggles like the open storage in the dash and lack of spare wheel but I liked it enough that I ordered a 2.2D AWD Invincible today.

Hi Everyone, I have always watched this forum for years but never contributed so here I go. I drove the new RAV at the weekend and due to a very good trade in and finance offer ordered an Icon in Eclipse Black, Prot Pack and got a good deal. My 4th RAV now, first was in 2004.

I liked the new car although I was sceptical until I drove it, very nice driving position, power & gear changes seem much smooother, it seems as if most of the car is a little bit better than the old, nothing outstandiingly better. Tailgate is OK, never had a problem with the old one (only What Car and there biased reviews did!) but the boot is huge as is the room in the back. I am happy with it, dont have any issues with the 2.2 engine (except fuel consumption in current one) otherwise I find it powerful enough. I have drove a CRV, Kuga and XC60 and none of them match the RAV in my opinion, only one I would of really looked at is the Mazda but couldnt get a drive locally. Currently have a 60 plate XTR and cannot wait to pick my new one up in 2 weeks time.

Great forum by the way, fortunate to of missed most of the RAV faults over the years so maybe that makes me biased! but the info on here is very helpful and informative, great job!

Hi Everyone, I have always watched this forum for years but never contributed so here I go. I drove the new RAV at the weekend and due to a very good trade in and finance offer ordered an Icon in Eclipse Black, Prot Pack and got a good deal. My 4th RAV now, first was in 2004.

I liked the new car although I was sceptical until I drove it, very nice driving position, power & gear changes seem much smooother, it seems as if most of the car is a little bit better than the old, nothing outstandiingly better. Tailgate is OK, never had a problem with the old one (only What Car and there biased reviews did!) but the boot is huge as is the room in the back. I am happy with it, dont have any issues with the 2.2 engine (except fuel consumption in current one) otherwise I find it powerful enough. I have drove a CRV, Kuga and XC60 and none of them match the RAV in my opinion, only one I would of really looked at is the Mazda but couldnt get a drive locally. Currently have a 60 plate XTR and cannot wait to pick my new one up in 2 weeks time.

Great forum by the way, fortunate to of missed most of the RAV faults over the years so maybe that makes me biased! but the info on here is very helpful and informative, great job!

God luck to spaceman Kenny and Arrowsmith with yer new cars....loved that one from Arrowsmith re having avoided any Rav faults so far.....at a 60 plate renewal, it sholdnae even be dirty yet never mind brokened....,!!! LOL.

And excuse manners....welcome to the Club.

God luck to spaceman Kenny and Arrowsmith with yer new cars....loved that one from Arrowsmith re having avoided any Rav faults so far.....at a 60 plate renewal, it sholdnae even be dirty yet never mind brokened....,!!! LOL.

And excuse manners....welcome to the Club.

Oh its plenty dirty enough! I take it across fields so we can get to our horses twice a day, and it does it well. Faults meaning that I had an XT3 in 2004 and did 65k in 3 years without a hitch, havent had any issues or recalls on all 3 RAV's. I am lucky enough to change 3 or 4 years, just changed early on this one due to the good deal (and wanted to treat myself) Great Forum!

I was lucky enough to see the new Rav 4.4 at RRG Macclesfield on Friday . . . and my first impression was . . . Big Car, Just what I got away from . . . not sure I'd want to go back.

Speaking to Richard, he did mention that there was talk of a diesel hybrid Rav (New Shape) but it had gone quiet . . . I'm not sure even with that option I'd be keen, I don't want another load lugger.

It will be interesting to see what the new 'cashcow' variant will be like, although if it's based on the Yaris after my experience with one this week they can keep it :(

I want to try the new car - diesel auto, 4x4

What I don't like - lack of power sockets - lost the one in the centre console now (the arm rest one), and don't like the lifting tailgate - I like the opening door, because it stops all the dogs taking off at high speed as soon as the door is opened.

I never had a problem particularly with people parking too close, you'll smack their bonnet anyway with any tailgate.

Instruments - I think its a get used to it job

But why have we lost LED rear lamps?

Won't be long until owners have sockets in the centre box and the boot. Those are nice little projects. Boot door only ever opened sideways to accommodate the spare wheel hung on it so I guess its a natural evolution to make it an upper - besides, your doggies can play at wippets.

I suspect the rearlights are a cost thing but you have to remember they have to save some goodies for mid life face lifts. They are geared up for HID headlights too.

Won't be long until owners have sockets in the centre box and the boot. Those are nice little projects. Boot door only ever opened sideways to accommodate the spare wheel hung on it so I guess its a natural evolution to make it an upper - besides, your doggies can play at wippets.

I suspect the rearlights are a cost thing but you have to remember they have to save some goodies for mid life face lifts. They are geared up for HID headlights too.

I know its possible to fit power, but I don't see why I should.

HID - because EU regs say self levelling and headlamp wash OEM and I guess Toyota can't be bothered.

As for the door - actually one of the reasons I opted for the Rav and fitted a proper strap to open the door wide

I went round and had a look at the new Rav at the weekend and I have to be honest I LOVE it. (Note. Not driven it yet).

I thought the dashboard and console were superb and seat was soo comfy, yet firm enough so you don't want to simply fall asleep in it!

The power tail gate was brilliant - although I like my gadgets so was always gonna like that! The one in the show room had runner boards on it which IMHO reduced ground clearance too much. It also had the front bumper thing which I thought scooped too much. I guess what I'm saying is i wouldn't have the Style Pack!

We spoke about the £750 GPS upgrade which apparently is just for the GPS module that plugs in the back. The standard headunit is in fact fully GPS enabled, it just needs the receiver... IMHO that's a bad one from Mr T right there... and to make it worse, no model has it as standard... who buys a to of the range car these days and expects it not to have GPS????

Anyways, i'm going back for a test drive soon. A friend of mine just got a job there and we are planning a wee off road jont where we will test its capabilities... something to look forward to.

Would I have one? damn right.

Would I have one now? Em.. nah. I'd wait for the 4.4.1. We had the first Auris and there were soo many 'bugs' with it that they fixed in the facelift. I'd also wait for the BMW engine.

That's my opinion..

Webs

• Like 1

Some worthy points, Webz....I knew you were adopted.....you're really Jeremy Clark's son.......

Lets be honest here all these minor points add up to almost nout...

Toyota are like any manufacturer they cant please everyone.. To fault a car cos it aint got enough power outlets ?? Sorry that's splitting hairs ...

Webs I thought the BMW engine was here already ? But only if you choose the 2WD version ? Why on earth would anyone want a BMW engined car anyway when every time BMW is mentioned everyone starts moaning about them and slating them ?

I saw a Decuma grey one today and it looked fantastic ! Much better than the metallic red one I saw last week !!

Final judgement will be reserved if and when I get to drive one.

• Like 1

Ha ha..........

.............while we are tormenting BMW owners we are leaving LRs alone. I bet they have a little go at us at times.

My mate love his X1 and I must say, it is lovely to ride in. Still wouldn't have one though.

Webs I thought the BMW engine was here already ? But only if you choose the 2WD version ? Why on earth would anyone want a BMW engined car anyway when every time BMW is mentioned everyone starts moaning about them and slating them ?

I was always led to believe the BMW 2L engine destined for the Rav was a superb lump. My bosses 1 series is a 2L and if it's the same engine it seems (to a punter) to be superb. Quiet, smooth, good bhp and economical.

Webs

Aesthetically speaking, I find the X1 as pleasing to the eye as a Nissan Juke....sorry to owners of both.

• Like 1

Yeah! the son in law 's buying a X3, Told him to fetch it round and I'll take the indicators off for him see's that they'll never get used. Lol

Keith

• Like 2

It seems they're really stripping stuff out from the UK market. Here in Finland the car is loaded with most of the goodies as standard.

Got around to test drive the new Rav4 two days ago. The car was 2.0 petrol automatic, Active with Business pack (HID headlights, power tailgate and electrically folding mirrors). Car also has full Toyota Touch 6.1 with satnav as standard. And yes, the car has LED lamps in the rear and nice LED DRLs on the front lamp cluster. They should not be any different in the UK market either???

What comes to the car itself. Well, I'm sold. I did not like the car initially, I mean the looks. But now when I saw the car in nature, it's a good looker. Especially in white it was really good looking car.

Interior design has jumped from the previous tractor design enormously. Every material in the car is well thought and very well finished. Lot of soft touch materials. And the leg room on the back seat is HUGE. It's on the same field as in the Skoda Superb. Also the luggage are is big. Now this car is something that can be thought as a family SUV.

And for the first time Toyota has managed to make a drivers seat with enough support for the feet. The seat was comfortable and had stuffing in all the right places. Also the height adjustment is big now so I would guess 99% will get a suitable driving position with ease.

On the road the biggest thing noticeable was how quiet the car was. There was virtually no tyre noise and engine sound was well insulated. Only in tight accelerations you could hear the engine, but it was still quite subtle.

Steering response has also improved and now there is response. You can feel where the front wheels are pointing pretty well. On the previous models there was basically no response or feel at all. Or the feel was quite artificial.

What I did not like was the size of the back window. It is SMALL. Also the lack of panoramic roof is quite poor business decision. Yes, I know. Not many people would choose it, but still there are some who would like to have it. The children love it.

I'll definitely have another spin with that car, but with a diesel manual as that would be the car of my choice.

I was quite impressed with the car, so will definitely have a closer look in due time.

It seems they're really stripping stuff out from the UK market. Here in Finland the car is loaded with most of the goodies as standard.

Got around to test drive the new Rav4 two days ago. The car was 2.0 petrol automatic, Active with Business pack (HID headlights, power tailgate and electrically folding mirrors). Car also has full Toyota Touch 6.1 with satnav as standard. And yes, the car has LED lamps in the rear and nice LED DRLs on the front lamp cluster. They should not be any different in the UK market either???

What comes to the car itself. Well, I'm sold. I did not like the car initially, I mean the looks. But now when I saw the car in nature, it's a good looker. Especially in white it was really good looking car.

Interior design has jumped from the previous tractor design enormously. Every material in the car is well thought and very well finished. Lot of soft touch materials. And the leg room on the back seat is HUGE. It's on the same field as in the Skoda Superb. Also the luggage are is big. Now this car is something that can be thought as a family SUV.

And for the first time Toyota has managed to make a drivers seat with enough support for the feet. The seat was comfortable and had stuffing in all the right places. Also the height adjustment is big now so I would guess 99% will get a suitable driving position with ease.

On the road the biggest thing noticeable was how quiet the car was. There was virtually no tyre noise and engine sound was well insulated. Only in tight accelerations you could hear the engine, but it was still quite subtle.

Steering response has also improved and now there is response. You can feel where the front wheels are pointing pretty well. On the previous models there was basically no response or feel at all. Or the feel was quite artificial.

What I did not like was the size of the back window. It is SMALL. Also the lack of panoramic roof is quite poor business decision. Yes, I know. Not many people would choose it, but still there are some who would like to have it. The children love it.

I'll definitely have another spin with that car, but with a diesel manual as that would be the car of my choice.

I was quite impressed with the car, so will definitely have a closer look in due time.

Given your comments about the eqpt spec, I'd be interested in knowing what the on-the-road price is in Finland so that a comparison can be made with UK.

Put it like this, the RAV range starts in Finland at €35274 about £30K and here they start from £22,595

The Premium version in Finland is €6,943 about £40,800 and the Invincible Auto about £30K

Not sure on Finlands tax situation, but if it's anything like Denmark the import duty / tax situation is horrific, so I am told by my cousin who lives in Denmark

Kingo :thumbsup:

That is true Kingo but the pricing is top end and then extras cost more. The HID lights are not an option here and nor the rear LEDs. It certainly isn't a budget car and as I've said before, not putiing satnav in the top model is mean.

Put it like this, the RAV range starts in Finland at €35274 about £30K and here they start from £22,595

The Premium version in Finland is €6,943 about £40,800 and the Invincible Auto about £30K

Not sure on Finlands tax situation, but if it's anything like Denmark the import duty / tax situation is horrific, so I am told by my cousin who lives in Denmark

Kingo :thumbsup:

I thought as much. I've not had much info about cars but I know that in Scandanvian countries, bike prices are just plain stupid. They've probably got to load them to the hilt to get people interested enough to buy at inflated prices.