Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs, Trc Off & Vsc Lights On

BALIKBAYAN

Hi everyone,

As the title of this topic say those 3 lights came on yesterday. I plugged in my computer this morning, but I could not read any faultcodes. I guess it only reads faultcodes of the engine. I checked some fuses, but I could not find any that had blown.

Does anyone know how to reset those lights? Ot do I have to go to Mr T and pay a fortune to let them have a look at it.

I tested the brakes yesterday just to know if the abs was working or not, and they locked when I braked at some ice :) .

Have you tried disconnecting the Battery neg lead for 1/2 hour to see if that clears the fault.

Is your car petrol or diesel?

Pete.

Thanx for the answers.

Pete, I tried to have the Battery disconnected for a while (5- 10 minutes), but it didn't change anything more than the clock and the audio settings in the car. It is a petrol car I have.

Valvematic, the lights came on Monday afternoon/evening when i started the car. I checked the voltage of the Battery this evening. It seems to be ok. I had 12.44 V on the multimeter with nothing on and when the engine was idling I had 14.0 V. If a cell is down it should have shown when I meassured the voltage, I am right. It is a modern Battery and you can't open up the cells to check the acid in the battery. By the way nice picture you have.

I have been searching my workshop manual and I found that you are supposed to read faultcodes from the abs box with a connection between terminal Tc an CG in the obd socket. I tried that too this evening. The ABS light was flashing steady (4Hz), that means no fault codes. I also tried to reset by breaking more than 8 times during 5 sec with those terminals connected. As there was no fault codes I could not reset anything. I still have those three lamps lit on the panel and those safety systems is not working.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• Like 1

I have been searching my workshop manual and I found that you are supposed to read faultcodes from the abs box with a connection between terminal Tc an CG in the obd socket.

Sorry, some off topic.

Do you know which pins are Tc an CG on the socket?

What is your car, I mean does this code reading work on D-4D ?

Thanks

Yes, I had a good picture in the workshop manual . If I remember correctly it was pin 4 &13.

I don't know if it works on d4d . I did not read if it also is for that engines.

I have the 2 lit petrool engine in my car.

. If I remember correctly it was pin 4 &13.

Thanks

I've got pins 2,4,5,9,10,12,13,16 on my socked...

Thanx for the answers.

Pete, I tried to have the battery disconnected for a while (5- 10 minutes), but it didn't change anything more than the clock and the audio settings in the car. It is a petrol car I have.

Valvematic, the lights came on Monday afternoon/evening when i started the car. I checked the voltage of the battery this evening. It seems to be ok. I had 12.44 V on the multimeter with nothing on and when the engine was idling I had 14.0 V. If a cell is down it should have shown when I meassured the voltage, I am right. It is a modern battery and you can't open up the cells to check the acid in the battery. By the way nice picture you have.

I have been searching my workshop manual and I found that you are supposed to read faultcodes from the abs box with a connection between terminal Tc an CG in the obd socket. I tried that too this evening. The ABS light was flashing steady (4Hz), that means no fault codes. I also tried to reset by breaking more than 8 times during 5 sec with those terminals connected. As there was no fault codes I could not reset anything. I still have those three lamps lit on the panel and those safety systems is not working.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi, 12.4v is slightly discharged, it should be 12.6v > at rest. Attach your volt meter again, turn on the headlights, heated rear window and observe the voltage the Battery drops to. How old is the Battery? Just had the same issue with mine, replaced the Battery and no more VSC warnings etc. Thanks for the comment about my picture, that is me and the beloved. :-)

Quote:- Thanks for the comment about my picture, that is me and the beloved. :-)

Which one is Valvematic and which one is the beloved :sneaky2::oops:

Pete.

Quote:- Thanks for the comment about my picture, that is me and the beloved. :-)

Pete.

Valvematic is in the suit :-)

Pete.

Valvematic is in the suit :-)

Just spoilt my day :cheers: ...... actually you are a great looking couple.

Pete.

I have no idea of how old the Battery is. I bought this car september 2011. I have not looked much at the Battery. Maybe it is the original or almost original Battery.

I will check the battery a bit closer tomorrow. Then I will tell you how old it is.

I have just had a closer look at the Battery. It is a Toyota Battery and had these numbers close to the negative pole 1209. That means it is from 2009. The Battery is only 3-4 years old.

I meassured the voltage again it was around 12.5 volts. When I turned on the headlights it drop to just below 12volts. I put the battery on charging to see if it could get some more charging.

I will try to attach some pictures of the battery.

post-19870-0-06197400-1361025101_thumb.j

post-19870-0-93123800-1361025136_thumb.j

post-19870-0-48820900-1361025179_thumb.j

Hi all,

Amazing that this is the first post in the Avensis thread, I just logged on to get some advice too.

I have the engine management, VSC and TRC OFF lights all on on the dash display for the past 3 days.

Hoping not to have to pay Mr. T a fortune to check this out!

I have 2007 Diesel D4D, any ideas why the lights would be coming on? Is there any way I could check whether its just an electric fault or whether there actually is something up?

Thanks in advance guys.

. If I remember correctly it was pin 4 &13.

Thanks

I've got pins 2,4,5,9,10,12,13,16 on my socked...

Probably I am wrong about my pins because watched by mirror underneath the dashboard...I think the pins are 4.5,7,912,13,15,16. Does somebody know what code reader/software can use for (Avensis 2006 2.0, D-4D) and for Avensis 2000, 1.8, 7A-FE)?

ELM 327 OBD2 reader £12 - £20 on eBay and Torque for Andriod free software, software not compatable with iphones or Windows only Android but some elm327 come with PC software but be aware NOT Windows 7 as yet.

Pete.

I have just had a closer look at the battery. It is a Toyota battery and had these numbers close to the negative pole 1209. That means it is from 2009. The battery is only 3-4 years old.

I meassured the voltage again it was around 12.5 volts. When I turned on the headlights it drop to just below 12volts. I put the battery on charging to see if it could get some more charging.

I will try to attach some pictures of the battery.

I'd be getting the Battery properly tested like somewhere like Kwik Fit. They have a tool that can perform a load test, this will identify a weak Battery. Good luck.

ELM 327 OBD2 reader £12 - £20 on ebay and Torque for Andriod free software, software not compatable with iphones or Windows only Android but some elm327 come with PC software but be aware NOT Windows 7 as yet.

Pete.

I've got ELM327 reader but I can get just few parameters which are not so important (except engine error clean). No injectors, no Lambda sensor, no ABS, no Airbags...

I've got K-line cable as well but no software for it...

Petrol Avensis doesn't work with ELM327.

Ihave an elm 327 and it works fine with engine fault codes. I guess it is more important wich software you use. I use easy obd. It is an old free program.

Valvematic, it has been on my mind too that a good batterytest might be needed. There might be one at work I will try to ask tomorrow, even that I amnot working tomoorow. I know that we got one 11 years ago, but I didn't like that model. It was big and old fashioned. I would guess it only had a huge potentiometer in it. I wanted them to get another model, an electronic, that was easier to use. We had that model when I was working in Stockholm 12 or 13 years ago.

I have been at Toyota today. They checked the Battery and also if there was any fault codes. They found a fault code that said that both stop lightsare broken. I will change those bulbs this afternoon.

• Like 1

New bulbs mounted. It was not as easy as the owners manual showed. I had to loosen the 3 nuts the rear combination lights are mounted with. When I had the combination light house off it was easy to change the bulbs.

Now there is no warning lights lit on the panel.

• Like 1

Isn't it silly/confusing Toyota to make so many warning lights turned on just because of faulty bulbs.Its reasonable to put just one separate light "Check Bulbs" ?

Obviously the purpose is to send you strait to their garage...

• Like 1

Most cars do have a check the bulbs light. That is something Toyota has missed. It costed £16 to get the fault code and 2 new lightbulbs. The bulbs was £3. It was not as expensive to let Toyota check fault codes as I thought.

• 2 months later...

Hi I've just had the same warning lights too. My Maxiscan MS509 OBD2 scanner was not able to read the ABS fault so changed the rear brake bulbs (as I had some spare) and this didnt sort the problem. I then took it to my very trusted garage and it turned out to be a faulty Yaw Rate Sensor, which they had to order from Mr T at £220 plus vat! On my 2004 1.8 tourer the sensor is located under the trim behind the handbrake lever, between the two front seats, and was a pretty easy swap. I imagine mega bucks could be saved sourcing from a breakers and fitting yourself.

• Like 1