Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Auris

englishoak

Hello all,

I've been really pleased with my Auris and was interested in the new model. Big problem though.

My wife is 5ft 2ins and with the drivers seat adjusted so that she can use the pedals and see over the dash her left knee catches on the steering column shroud. This makes releasing the clutch dangerous and bruises her knee. No amount of fiddling with the steering column and seat adjustment can solve the problem. It seems there is a design issue here. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Englishoak

The driver's footwell must get cramped with the 'deluxe router table' in place - that's probably the issue.

Put a cushion on the router table, strap on some planks to your feet, you can then drive from the back seat............job done :thumbsup::lol:

Attachment deleted........Should be more comfortable now ;)

Sorry folks.

Completely irrelevant.

Obviously didn't know what I was doing.

I'd appreciate an answer to my question, though, if anyone has experienced the problem.

Thanks.

Englishoak

The Auris isn't alone with this type of issue - our second car, a 2012 Hyundai i20 has the same problem for driver's below approx. 5ft 4. I'm 5ft 6 and like the seat on a high setting. On the i20 I have to have the seat partway to prevent my left knee touching the lower part of the dash when operating the clutch. No issue with my right knee.