Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning Chip Kit From Lindop Toyota With 07 Avensis 2.2 D4D

hollins58

Hi

I am comtemplating buying the above kit to aid fuel consumption as my 2007 Avensis 2.2 was fitted with a new engine courtesy of Toyota at 66k miles after EGR valve problems. Fuel consumption with the new engine increased dramatically (at least 20% worse from low 50's MPG to 42) and my local Toyota main dealer has been unable to find a solution. I do a high mileage so the cost to me is at least £10 extra a week in fuel . The new engine has now done 30k miles.

I am interested in hearing the effect on MPG of the kit from anybody with a 2.2 D4D Avensis. I am not so bothered about the performance benefit.

Thanks in advance for your comments on any problems, length of time you've had it fitted and the realistic fuel saving.

bear in mind that your insurance company may raise your premium if you fit this - mine would to the point that it negated any fuel cost saving.

There are plenty of you out there who have one of our kits fitted, perhaps somebody could comment?

Big_Kev has had a couple on his RAV's, are you about Kev?

Kingo :thumbsup:

My 2.2 is running with a Tunit box and my mpg has gone down to 32mpg (Round town) running on V-Power derv and Archoil 6200!!!

Now is thats because the cold dense air? we'll see...

I fitted the the unit supplied by Lindop Toyota to my T180 and was well pleased with the result. There was an immediate and very noticable improvement in mpg and the power delivery was much smoother. The unit was very easy to install and uninstall should you require to remove it. Great bit of kit.

I have had the Lindop tuning box fitted to my T180 Rav4 for something in the region of 20K miles and would recommend it to anyone..

Power delivery is just so much smoother and its the smooth delivery that somewhat masks the hike in power.. But when the loud pedal is pressed the car really does shift..

Overtaking is easier and does not need downshifts as the added torque really comes into play !

My reason for fitting it though was for increased fuel economy which it not only has delivered but must of paid for itself by now !! Expect 6 to 7 MPG round town and 5 to 6 when cruising on the motorway at 70ish.

Best thing is that if you decide to sell the car you will get around 70% of your outlay back and they sell easily !!

HTH

How much is the initial outlay and what kind of difference does it make to the insurance?

Simon.

what kind of difference does it make to the insurance?

Depends upon the insurer - in my case it would have added about 15%.

Well I won't be getting one until my 'new' engine has done at least 10k.

Simon.

Hi

I am comtemplating buying the above kit to aid fuel consumption as my 2007 Avensis 2.2 was fitted with a new engine courtesy of Toyota at 66k miles after EGR valve problems. Fuel consumption with the new engine increased dramatically (at least 20% worse from low 50's MPG to 42) and my local Toyota main dealer has been unable to find a solution. I do a high mileage so the cost to me is at least £10 extra a week in fuel . The new engine has now done 30k miles.

I am interested in hearing the effect on MPG of the kit from anybody with a 2.2 D4D Avensis. I am not so bothered about the performance benefit.

Thanks in advance for your comments on any problems, length of time you've had it fitted and the realistic fuel saving.

I bought one second hand from a fellow Rav Forum member in 2009 and fitted it to my then SR180 Rav.......superb difference in engine response, flexibility in that fewer change downs required, effortless 6th gear overtaking. I took delivery of an SR Rav in October 2012, and almost immediately swapped it into the new auto boxed car.......brilliant, but as yet not as good an mpg gain, but will blame brand new engine and car for that.

So its reliability thus far has been excellent, given that it is now in its third car and still working perfectly. I never did achieve as good an increase as such as Charlie got, and it averaged out at about 4mpg.....but the grin factor when pushed and the more relaxed feel of a 210hp (reputedfully......) car was worth it to me.

Don't know if still on sale or return basis, but would absolutely recommend.

Big Kev

No Kev you can't have your money back after 4 years :lol: that's just too Scottish of you :D:

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old post but do these tuning boxes work with petrol cars?

Hi everyone

Is it possible to fit it to a 1.8 vvti 2001 avensis?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Waqar

These kits only work with diesel, they do NOT fit petrol cars

Thanks for the reply Kingo, I had a feeling they were for diesels only. I have seen a few kits for petrol cars but I don't think they would work anywhere near as well if at all.

Mo

Don't waste your money on gadgets to improve petrol models, the results will be very poor. Petrol models do not benefit the same as diesels

Hi all, I`ve been thinking about fitting one of these kits to my avensis but I`ve got a 2007 2.0d4d. I just started to tow a small caravan (max weight 1282 kgs ) while the towing limit is 1300kgs.

The reason for the kit is to try and get a bit more torque and power just for towing purposes, but it raises a few questions.=

(A would it give me the power and torque increase I need?

(B would the increase in insurance make it viable?

(C how would it affect my extended warranty?

there has been quite a bit of chat on the addition of these kits but all applying to the 2.2d4d engine I can`t find any reference to the 2.0 d4d

Has any one fitted a kit to a 2.0d4d? and if so what is their verdict?

Do any of you guys have any thoughts on this?

A. Up to 25% increase in torque

B. You need to speak to your insurance company-some see it as a cash cow, others have make no charge, you need to ring them

C. The product has its own 2 year warranty, it would not affect your extended warranty

Plenty of people have fitted them to their 2.0 models

Quick Question Kingo.i myself will be looking to get a box for my 2.0d4d 06 plate 1cdftv engine,?what do they run out at mate.

All the same price £375 delivered INC delivery and VAT

Thanks for your input Kingo, much appreciated.

I`ll give my insurance company a ring, if the price increase is not too much I`ll probably give it a try. If it would`nt affect my extended warranty, does that mean it`s Toyota approved? I can`t find them on any other Website it`s just Lindop (Wrexham)

My apologies Kingo, thanks again for your help I will let you know if I decide to fit a kit

My apologies Kingo, thanks again for your help I will let you know if I decide to fit a kit

:thumbsup: