Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Standard Is A Tsport Yaris

andybk

just bought our first yaris for my daughter , just a little 1.0 and am very impressed with the car , thinking of changing my own diesel Toledo out soon and was looking at the tsport , are their many standard mechanical parts between yaris models ?, things like suspension, wheel bearings etc I do all my own mechanics and always remember the old 1275 gt mini nearly every part was specific , meaning expensive spares for most jobs and most main dealer , or is the 1.3 yaris a better option ?

I don't know a great deal about the T-sport but it has a very good 1.5 ltr engine, alloys and a few more tasty bits. The standard 1.3 Yaris has a very good reputation for being reliable and the T-sport is getting quite sort after so may be a bit more expensive but either car should serve you well.

Pete.

Well obviously the diesel one is the best one :P (Not that I'm incredibly biased or anything :naughty::lol:) but most of the bits are pretty interchangeable aside from things you'd expect not to be (Mainly engine-specific bits e.g. clutches between the petrol, tsport and d4d)

thanks for replies , seen a couple of ts near us for sale , so may go have a look , suppose the next problem will be finding one not owned by a boy racer lol

I've had one for years and I'd say quite a lot of parts are specific to the model. Exhaust and suspension is different to the lesser models. Pattern parts are widely available though so you shouldn't have any trouble maintaining it. It's got a lot more grunt than the 1.3 so I'd say go for it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links