Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss Of Power - At Random

Shannon1

I have a 2003 Rav 4. Last year at 100k I sent the EMC off to be replaced due to all the postings and I was experiencing similar problems.

Now, almost exactly a year later, Im getting similar problems. SOMETIMES but not all the time, when I get to a stop sign it seems my car is losing power. When I accelerate it wont go over 20k and is reving at 4. If I shut the car down for about 2 hours, she runs fine again.

I had the engine light come on, checked the code 1155 and replaced the o2 sensor. Engine light went off, but today after picking my son up from daycare, drove around the block to the bank, shut the car off, cashed my cheque, got back in the car, and she wouldnt take us home.

Any idea what is going on

Welcome to the club.

When did you have the O2 sensor done and have these problems started since then? What do you mean it wouldn't take you home? It wouldn't start or too little power?

I think Shannon is referring to "she" being unable to push the car home. :clown: So is that the wife; daughter or who?

Seriously, I hope you manage to get it sorted. Or is something telling you you should just walk to the bank? Life is so complex nowadays eh?

Automatic or manual? 20km/h at 4k rpm in anything other than 1st gear would suggest the clutch is worn to me...

"she" Would be the car.....Me, Shannon would be the car owner :)

I took it to my trusted exhaust shop today, they assured me there is no problem with the Cat. He believes I may have a seized brake caliper. Fortunately the problem started as soon as I was pulling into their shop. Once parked the mechanic couldnt get it to go forward or back....

And I think he is right. My driver side front break grinds bad when this happens. The other day when I parked it I heard 'pfft' noise and a little dust of smoke come out of the wheel well.

Hubby is going to tackle the caliper tomorrow. Hopefully we will be done with this.

- Automatic by the way, thanks for the replies.

Ah see Shannon you never mention the "pfft" noise from the wheel.

I hope he sorts it out for you.

Ah see Shannon you never mention the "pfft" noise from the wheel.

I hope he sorts it out for you.

And I for sure did not mention it this morning at the exhaust shop when he was suggesting the break problem to me and my mind was thinking 'oh....that must of been the puff of smoke and pfft sound last week'.

:)