Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Alignment Balancing - Beissbarth ... Any Experts?

cazmiqa

I had my front tyres changed yesterday and I was presented with a sheet (BEISSBARTH System) explaining that my wheels were out of balance by many degrees on both the Front Axle and the Rear Axle.

I was originally quoted £36 to balance the front wheels,but apparently now both axles need to be re aligned. Now it is going to be £36 x 2, plus a further £20 x 2, plus another £10 x??, plus 1/2 to 1 hour labour.

I was also told that I should get my wheels balance once a year?

They tried to loosen off the nuts, but said they could not, so it is booked in tomorrow morning for them to take the wheels off, free the nuts and carry out the alignment.

Is this really necessary, or am I being 'conned'

Rear Axle Left Right

Camber -2.21' -1.48'

Individual Toe +0.02' +0.28'

Total Toe +0.29'

Geometrical driving axis +0.13'

Front Axle Left Right

Camber -0.50' -0.17'

Individual Toe +0.27' -0.03'

Total Toe +0.24'

Probably get flamed for suggesting it but kwik fit now use the Hunter 4 wheel alignment system. I was there last week getting a tyre for my daughters car and was very impressed with the setup. There's a display in the waiting room so you can see the adjustments being made. They charge £38 for 4 wheel alignment.

Not sure why your wheels are out of balance unless the weights have fallen off, I would say £18 a bit steep to balance a wheel anyway.

HTH

..........and this really is Kwik Fit core business, and even if they get it wrong, they fix it immediately. £18.00 a wheel is sheisteristic.

Go see the boys in the blue jumpsuits.

Big Kev.....gonnae somebody fix this pound sign debacle....!!! Just found it sorts itself when you require to edit yer postment.

..........and this really is Kwik Fit core business, and even if they get it wrong, they fix it immediately. £18.00 a wheel is sheisteristic.

Big Kev.....gonnae somebody fix this pound sign debacle....!!! Just found it sorts itself when you require to edit yer postment.

Thanks for your reply Big Kev but sorry to ask, but could you translate please :dontgetit:

Are you saying it is a rip off "sheisteristic" ?? ....mear femail here mate lol :)

Thanks for your reply Big Kev but sorry to ask, but could you translate please :dontgetit:

Are you saying it is a rip off "sheisteristic" ?? ....mear femail here mate lol :)

Ya got it in one, nice lady member.....somebody is trying to rip off one of the fairer gender, and that is not nice....go get Kwik Fit to do it.

I would give kwik fit a go.

Just read you post again and you say they changed the front tyres. It's normal to get a new valve and balance included in the cost of the tyre. Do you mean wheel alignment rather than balancing?

Ya got it in one, nice lady member.....somebody is trying to rip off one of the fairer gender, and that is not nice....go get Kwik Fit to do it.

Oh dear .... why does it always happen to me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrh .... and I cannot spell female !!! Thanks v much :)

Oh dear .... why does it always happen to me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrh .... and I cannot spell female !!! Thanks v much :)

Angry get not Caz (Caroline?).........keep on here and we will keep ye right.

I would give kwik fit a go.

Just read you post again and you say they changed the front tyres. It's normal to get a new valve and balance included in the cost of the tyre. Do you mean wheel alignment rather than balancing?

Hiya .... yes it would be wheel alignment ..... still not sure whether to cancel tomoz booking or not .... may go in an have a chat .... I am bold enough to leave without them doing the work :o

I think their prices are 2 or 3 times what they should be. If its only 4 wheel alignment £50 is nearer the mark. Go and have a haggle or book it in with kwik fit!

I had number 2 in for 4 Falken FK453s - as the rear end was tending to aquaplane on landing.

The place I used charged £7 a wheel for fitting, valve and balancing. Just running the tyres in now - I tend to take about 50 miles easily to allow the tyres to bed in so to speak.

However i only use the motherwell garage for laser alignment cos they know what they are doing and know how to drive fast! Dunno what they charge now as I last got it done as part of other work. Number 2 now sports heavy duty rear adjustable konis - and its made a difference !!

Bad news is that the engine torque is catching up with the old exhaust so I see a bespoke exhaust coming soon for number 2.

I tend to get my tyres changed in fours. Last two times I have negotiated the price and then wangled a free four-wheel-alignment into the deal. So don't know what it'd cost, but if they're giving it away on a £440 purchase it can't be more then £40-£50 surely. And that's for the full monty.

Dave

Does this vehicle scrub tyres? What vehicle is it then we can check the spec.

Sorry I am a mere woman, what the heck is 'scrubbing tyres' when it is a home :o ???

I went back and they told me that all of the bolts/fixings were seized up and that the only option would be to have the axles removed and that would cost me £500 plus.

So I asked if it was dangerous if I did not have the wheels aligned and they said no. They suggested that I have the fronts swapped around in about 6 months time !

I am 'apparently' now driving aroung with my front wheels going in one direction and the rear going in another .... but hey ho I am none the wiser, but still feel that they saw me coming .................

So I did not get my wheels aligned, but I paid for 1/2 hour labour and wasted the morning, being £35 worse off .................

Personally I would go to a reputable local tyre company.. I would never trust Kwik Fit !!!

Sorry I am a mere woman, what the heck is 'scrubbing tyres' when it is a home :o ???

I went back and they told me that all of the bolts/fixings were seized up and that the only option would be to have the axles removed and that would cost me £500 plus.

So I asked if it was dangerous if I did not have the wheels aligned and they said no. They suggested that I have the fronts swapped around in about 6 months time !

I am 'apparently' now driving aroung with my front wheels going in one direction and the rear going in another .... but hey ho I am none the wiser, but still feel that they saw me coming .................

So I did not get my wheels aligned, but I paid for 1/2 hour labour and wasted the morning, being £35 worse off .................

At least they didn't pretend to align them .... I remember having my Celica wheels apparently aligned by a fast fit centre and getting charged for it, and later when at another place for new tyres, it turned out the fixings had been seized for ages - the place broke a heavy-duty spanner trying to undo the,

At least they didn't pretend to align them .... I remember having my Celica wheels apparently aligned by a fast fit centre and getting charged for it, and later when at another place for new tyres, it turned out the fixings had been seized for ages - the place broke a heavy-duty spanner trying to undo the,

I agree :) .... I will be going back to them, even if they might not want to see me lol