Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average Mpg Display.

Paulfowler

Can I reset the Average MPG display? I didn't see an option in the hand book to so this.

It would be nice to reset it so I know what my average is now I own the car.

It automatically resets when you put in 10ltrs of fuel or more. No manual reset, unless disconecting the Battery does it :o

• Like 1

Yes it is in the hand book.

It might not actually reset when 10 litres is put in if the forecourt has a bit of a slope or you are brimming it.

It can need 12 litres or so.

george

Actually, I think you can reset it anytime you like, by pressing and holding the left (long) button (of the two under the display) which is what I do before I refuel, after having noted the current AVG MPG and the ODO mileage, which I then enter (not the ODO reading) into Fuelly. In fact, I'll be putting in another fuel up later. My mileage reading for that one was 258.9 miles. Of course, I could be confused, I'm sure someone on here will remind me it's not 2009... you know who you are... :laughing:

That is the Trip distance you can reset manually.

• Like 1

That is the Trip distance you can reset manually.

Yeah...okay. Trip distance, but I ain't been tripping man! Although, you might think I have, right? :closedeyes:

LOL

• Like 1

So far I'm averaging 57.9mpg. But I'm being very careful! But I'm pleased with that. Anyone getting a lot more or a lot less than that?

Normally about 64mpg on a longish run (over 120miles) and about 55mpg tooling around here. Without trying to be economical.

John

Only on longer runs. Like on Monday my wife and I went to Barmouth from Marton, just over 56 miles we did one way. Going there, including the unavoidable mountain road, I managed to get 64.? something mpg from it, on the way back that was down to 61.? something mpg. I had filled the car up on Saturday in Shrewsbury, so return journey from there and a bit of tooling around locally until Monday. On the way back from Barmouth we stopped off to get some black tiling grout and after a restart of the engine it was then showing one notch empty on the display. So, very pleased with the result of that. We would have been lucky to get anywhere near half that in our old Mondeo. Lovely day out too by the way, nice and sunny, but chilly. If you ever go to Barmouth, visit the best fish and chip shop there, The Mermaid, just alongside the railway.

:eat::pepsi::thumbsup:

I do a 40 mile round trip for work. So it's town to town with fairly decent roads in between. So 57.9 sounds good. Going to Southampton next week so that will be a longer run.

Since I have owned the car I have averaged 62mpg, journeys include motorway, city and mountainous routes. A friend with a Toyota Prius claims he is averaging 64mpg but he lives 800mtrs above sea level up a mountain and can freewheel for miles on the way down.

I'm averaging about 48mpg since new 3 months ago, thats an IQ2 auto, the car still has less than 2000 on the clock, plus i do lots of cold starts and short journeys. Anyway - i'm hoping it will get into the mid fifties in summer as the miles build up and the temps get warmer. On long runs at the moment i seem to get around 55mpg.

One further interesting thing to consider is the difference between pump cutoff sensitivity between different garages. Can be as much as 3 litre diff. Therefore to be sure, regularly use the same petrol station if looking to get some consistency into consumption calculations

• 1 month later...

Of course, we over here need to correct your readings based upon those large Imperial gallons...

Surely you vehicles in the US,

if thats where you are are calibrated for US Gallons of 3.78 litres.

Or are they not?

Being that miles are the same,

how many miles to a brimmed tank of fuel do you get.?

and is it 95 ron petrol you buy?

Re Freewheeling down on journeys.

People usually find they need to take a route home that meanders and climbs slowly, so is

probably longer and uses the same fuel as an average.

Or just never go home so that they do not use the fuel it takes to climb to get home.

george

We use the standard 95 octane gasoline/ethanol mix that makes up most of the fuel for sale here. The best that I have done is 260 something, this up to the point that the last bar starts in ablinking.

My measured MPG (using a smartphone application called MPG) is right at 37 mpg, the listed EPA mileage figure for the iQ. Most cars sold here don't make their EPA rating...

I too try to fill up to the auto cut off at the pump when the reserve starts to flash. The best mileage I've had for this is 305! Working off the in car display Average MPG, last week it was displaying 60.0, but I'm not sure how accurate this is.

FYI - Most of you seem to be doing a bit better than me, I am averaging 52 - 53 MPG with a series of fairly short runs of about 10 - 15 Miles each, all in cold weather over the last 2 months. I am driving quite carefully all the time.

Perhaps it will improve on longer runs in warmer weather ?

• Like 1

FYI - Most of you seem to be doing a bit better than me, I am averaging 52 - 53 MPG with a series of fairly short runs of about 10 - 15 Miles each, all in cold weather over the last 2 months. I am driving quite carefully all the time.

Perhaps it will improve on longer runs in warmer weather ?

Bob, I would say you are doing well with those figures. My overall average over 4 to 5 years is about 54mpg with the best being about 64mpg after a non stop 150mile run at about 50-60mph in the summer.

There are no traffic jams here and it is easy to maintain a steady 50-60mph on the country roads and still 54mpg overall is the best I can do.

Very happy with that though, so I think you should be with your figures, although we always want more!

John

I'll pitch in too, I do 32 miles each way each week day up to Aberdeen on the A90, mostly at between 60 & 70 mph. I'm getting between 50 and 54 mpg depending on the weather etc.

:-)

• 1 month later...

hi people, i am new here, your posts are much appreciated, i have an iq and i managed to score 13.9 kms per litre which is translated to 32.7 MPG. i travel mainly in town and i have the a/c on. Doesnt this figure look suprisingly low? Any suggestions/thoughts?

I guess my post is mainly following on from that of John in Fife.

My IQ2 auto is averaging 49 mpg overall, but recently i've had 2 x 53mpg ave tankfuls, which makes me think that a - the warm weather certainly benefits the little engine, and also that now after 4100 miles, the motor is finally loosening up a bit.

So right now, and especially bearing in mind its an auto, i'm very pleased indeed with the mpg figs. Every indication is that its gradually improving with age.

Marios - i dont notie any significant effect on mpg by using the aircon. Your low mpg will be partly as a result of town driving, but even so, driven carefully i think you should expect mid-forties mpg. Perhaps your air filter is clogged. Have your Toyota dealer do a health check for you.

Cheers!

koufos, welcome to the forum.

Which country are you in, and is the petrol 95 RON?

I can see that being OK as a town driving economy,

It depends if you are driving in town, or stop, start driving in a town.

ie, how long the engine is going and not just how many kilometers are being done.

I take it your Air Filter is clean,

fresh spark plugs

& tyre pressures checked and correct.

george