Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average Mpg Display.

Paulfowler

The warmer weather certainly helps with the MPG. I fill my IQ every time as soon as the reserve starts flashing. Last time this happened the petrol was £1.32/litre. I managed to squeeze £34 in the tank with a bit of persuasion! I then proceeded on my usual driving. I must say that since owning the IQ I have been much more aware of "careful driving". But I managed 345 miles until the reserve came on again. I make that less than 10p a mile!!! I love my IQ

I get just over 60+ average MPG on short runs of less than 15 miles, driving to speed limit I'm fairly light footed.

I expect this to increase on longer runs.

Positive Regards, Bob

Bob, Is that an Indicated 60+ MPG ,

or if you do 360 miles, with the tank brimmed does the car just take 27.27 litres to brim it again.?

An actual 60 mpg achieved for 6 gallons of petrol used.

Or can you brim it, and drive for 60+ miles of town driving and 15 mile or less journeys and it will

only need 1 Gallon to Brim it again?

If it does do 60 miles from each gallon from cold starts and short journeys its really doing well.

george

You must have the foot of a fly!! I have only once managed to finish a tank full with the average mpg on 60. And I really try.

OK my 60+ MPG reading is the number taken from the average MPG readout.

This I think only resets itself every time I fill up, I normaly only fill up when I'm down to the last two bars on fuel gauge.

I have also cross checked this with the amount on fuel put in compared to the trip miles that I reset each time I put fuel in and it also roughly corresponds also to about 60+ MPG.

All my runs are no more than 15miles each max, sometimes less, and my MPG has increased since I had the EGR valve replaced, however this also has been since the weather has got slightly warmer, prior to the new EGR valve and during the freezing weather I was only achieving 52 - 53MPG max.

So not sure which made the difference ?

I drive to the speed limits of between 30 + 60 MPH on these runs and coast as much as possible when I can.

I put in the cheapest fuel. and on most of these runs I carry one passenger.

Positive Regards,

Bob.

It is supposed to reset when you put in 10 litres of fuel, but due to the nature of the tank and sender and sitting slightly on a slope when filling up it might often need more than 12 litres to reset the 'Average display'.

I find that after resetiing its easy to then get a '66-68 mpg ' showing.

Untill stopping and starting and driving and that usually begins dropping untill it gets to the 53 MPG or what ever.

Really with an iQ its how much fuel it uses and not how much the Reading Shows.

Anyone getting 60 mpg from a tankful is doing very well.

I needed to Hypermile over a Long run to be able to achieve that sort of economy.

Mixed driving, town/commuting and then longer runs.

Might be giving a low economy of 42 mpg & a high of 62-66 mpg,

that maybe gives an 'average MPG' in the 50's it can not be in the 60's

george

Update at 12th May 2013:

My latest MPG is as follows:

OK my 60+ MPG reading is the number taken from the average MPG readout.

This I think only resets itself every time I fill up, I normaly only fill up when I'm down to the last two bars on fuel gauge.

I have also cross checked this with the amount on fuel put in compared to the trip miles that I reset each time I put fuel in and it also roughly corresponds also to about 60+ MPG.

All my runs are no more than 15miles each max, sometimes less, and my MPG has increased since I had the EGR valve replaced, however this also has been since the weather has got slightly warmer, prior to the new EGR valve and during the freezing weather I was only achieving 52 - 53MPG max. (reported this in previous post)

So not sure which made the difference ?

I drive to the speed limits of between 30 + 60 MPH on these runs and coast as much as possible when I can.

I put in the cheapest fuel. and on most of these runs I carry one passenger.

Positive Regards,

Bob.

s44gtw thanks for reply, i will check that.

note that i tried for the first time to have the ECO button on at all times and it seems to be improving.,..

Eco Button?

Do you have an iQ3 with the 1.3 engine and manual transmission?

Craig.

no i have a 2009 model automatic 1.0 engine :)

Do you mean the 'Eco Button' for the display to help you try to drive economically by encouraging you to be using less RPM?.

It seems to me to be in contradiction with a VVTi engine and a CVT gearbox.

I find that by ignoring that and getting up to speed with the CVT and then easing off the accelerator it uses less fuel

and you get on quicker with your journey.

george

That's what I was wondering...

My iQ 3 has an ECO OFF button but all that does is prevent the engine from stopping when stationary in neutral, The stop start function.

Craig.

Just came from the mechanic, he changed the air filter, it was terrible. Dont know about consumption but it sure feels much better. Thanks again

s44gtw