Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Tank Cap

oldcodger

Hi,

Guess which plonker left his fuel cap dangling as he drove off from the petrol station !!

Of course not longer there when we got home - not a flash or gesture from anyone either....

Seems there is a universal cap called Metro for a fiver at ECP and Halfords for twice that.

They also do a rolla specific one for £26, so shudder to think what Mr.T wants.

Anyone used them...?

Its rare that you have a problem Oldcodger...i'm a likkle confused...do you mean the actual fuel cap that you take off once you open your fuel lid...you unscrew it...fill your petrol...and then screw it back in??? Didn't yours have like a plastic piece attatched to it so that you dont loose it as it just dangles? Obviously not...now wondering whether mine has...

Anyway...i would highly recommend you email every Corolla parts breaker on eBay to ask a price for one...i'm certain you'll get one deleivered for a £fiver...and atleast it'll be genuine!

Just to add i remember having one of those universal ones on my old Nissan...i defo wouldnt recommend them...you won't be happy with it for long,the threads eventually go!

:football:

Hi Sam,

Yes it was the original attached petrol cap, just that I was distracted and somehow forgot to replace the cap and close the flap - what a dope !

Then had a long drive so it must have worked loose.

Got one of those Universal Flexi type for £6 on Saturday so we could get around ok until a new screw thread one arrives. from eBay.

Mr T wants £28.

Hi Sam,

Yes it was the original attached petrol cap, just that I was distracted and somehow forgot to replace the cap and close the flap - what a dope !

Then had a long drive so it must have worked loose.

Got one of those Universal Flexi type for £6 on Saturday so we could get around ok until a new screw thread one arrives. from Ebay.

Mr T wants £28.

Hi...did you manage to sort out that filler cap yet? :flowers: